Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on purchasing one or few properties within the next six months or less near York University, located inside the York Village. I'm currently unable to purchase the property by myself so I'm looking for a partner or more to purchase the properties. Houses range in 600-900 k and come with 4-5 rooms with finished basements with additional two rooms. Leasing would be only through students, females will be preferred. Rental range can be anywhere from 400-600 per room. Thus, a 6 room house can bring in at least 3,000 a month. I'm a mortgage agent so I can go into the finances into details as well if someone is interested. If someone is interested please let me know and I can go into further details.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish you luck in this market, my grandfather recently lost a bid for a house there by $1K so it was close but same thing, $600K+ house, 7 female international students with 8 available rooms. Solid investment because as York U grows so does the property value in the village, I know some slighty older residents that reside there because of the party scene in the summer LOL .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish you luck in this market, my grandfather recently lost a bid for a house there by $1K so it was close but same thing, $600K+ house, 7 female international students with 8 available rooms. Solid investment because as York U grows so does the property value in the village, I know some slighty older residents that reside there because of the party scene in the summer LOL .
I know these properties are like hot cakes, as soon as they come on the market they are usually gone within 3-4 weeks. But this is a great investment nevertheless because the subway will soon be built connecting York University to the Yonge subway line which will add a lot more value to the homes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
sounds like a solid investment...good luck with it!

·
Registered
349 Posts
So what exactly are you proposing to the potential investor. That he purchases all the properties and you get him a mortgage which you receive 80 basis points for?

Would you be putting up any of the capital yourself?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
^I think its a split, shh puts in some and so does the other investor. For me, I wouldn't invest in a decade+ agreement with somebody I didn't know. Unless it's family.

Solid investment and idea. I'm in the same boat, but don't go for a 600-900k house. Go find something in durham, or barrie etc for 300-500x6 students paying 400-600/month. Thats how we do it, it pays off much better.

Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts