Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are selling a Defender 110 for a client. This vehicle was totally rebuilt from the chassis up 5 years ago. It has Air conditioning, and the economical 300tdi engine with just 16,500 miles on from new.
Boost alloy wheels.
The vehicle was built on a galvanized chassis which was then etch primed and covered in black wax-oil for more protection.
The vehicle has a Clear Washington title.

Please email us for more information [email protected] or call 240 249 0507.

We have detailed pictures of the build available.

These vehicles are vary rare in the USA/Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know you said there rare, but i cant understand the price tag still. these go from $2000-$50000 for new one in AUS, the land where RR phantoms cost over a Million new

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
There is one of these things near me for sale I thought it would be a cool beach car - owner water $95k for it and it was just in better than average condition. Was cool cause it was a pickup in the back but I almost dropped the phone when I heard the ask.... Thought it was a bit insane myself. but I guess this is what people ask for on these

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 2012 vehicle is Illegal in the USA. The engine is not EPA compliant, and the US govt has a hard on and is seizing these illegal vehicles. The Defender is not sold in the USA. You cannot but a new one. You can buy a rebuilt one. And that's what your paying for. A totally rebuilt car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know you said there rare, but i cant understand the price tag still. these go from $2000-$50000 for new one in AUS, the land where RR phantoms cost over a Million new

Its supply and demand, new defender 110's have not been available since 1993. and new defender 90's since 1997. Most are not rebuilt 25 yr old imports or rebuilt domestic cars.

The import in this thread is rare because its tdi engine has only 16,500 miles since new. Its in as near to new condition as possible. I has a clear title and I can assist with CA buyers should they need to title it. If this was an ECR vehicle it would be $100k+ So its good value, its rare (in the USA) and there is wiggle room on the price but not much.

·
Registered
751 Posts
^As mentioned above. Defenders are extremely rare in the US (and still rare outside). Stopping importing in '97 due to laws (including the no airbag rules). NZ / Aus now have import rules including mandates on EUROII emissions, etc (which require 2007.5+).

I have owned a few of these since leaving the US (whilst they're still expensive compared to the UK) - they're amazing. Currently have a D90 Td5.

I have no affiliation with globalLR but I would be making contact with him/her if I do move back to the US anytime soon.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Werc1, I'd like to point out the USA is only one of the markets we supply, we also supply vehicles and parts world-wide. Both new vehicles and re-conditioned. We also supply all Land Rover Diesel engines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts