Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm loving the setup on the RR mister. I just bought a set of 22x9.5" wheels with a 48mm offset. I'm looking into getting some Nitto Terra Grapplers. Mcanzio how do you like yours? I myself want a meaty tire & no low pro's.
For 22's I would definitely go with the Cooper LTZ's, they look great, perform good in all weather and sound is minimal!

·
Registered
651 Posts
mcan my dog, of course it'd be you. haha nice look, but i want to see one on the 2010+ Rovers on Toyo MTs not the Nittos or BFGs. also fitted to some beefier looking wheels and not factory styles.

Toyos are by far the quietest MTs in the market and look best imo. i'm curious to see if it fits (doubt it) rolling stock height so you don't have to worry about the awesomely reliable rover electronics. :D but damn it's gonna knock down 1-2mpgs as they are heavy 10-ply tires.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
mcanzio, that tread on your classic is just sick! that other rover you posted w/ 3" lift looks really good as well! wish i could do that too, but on the real, i just barely fit inside parking garages. i'm sure with any type of lift or even a bigger tire, i'm screwed.

to the people asking about the sound on the road and highway. you'd be surprised. granted the rr is a well built car so it might be the reason why it rides so quiet. trust me, these babies run just as good as stock!

·
Registered
116 Posts
mcan my dog, of course it'd be you. haha nice look, but i want to see one on the 2010+ Rovers on Toyo MTs not the Nittos or BFGs. also fitted to some beefier looking wheels and not factory styles.

Toyos are by far the quietest MTs in the market and look best imo. i'm curious to see if it fits (doubt it) rolling stock height so you don't have to worry about the awesomely reliable rover electronics. :D but damn it's gonna knock down 1-2mpgs as they are heavy 10-ply tires.
ROK, here you go. Not the Toyos, but (in my opinion, anyways) a better tire... the Cooper STT (these are 275/65R18).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this thread hasn't been touched for over a year but I need some help with these tires. I've mounted the Cooper LTZ 305/40R22 and they are rubbing on the front strut. The wheels I'm running now are a 5x120 with a +50 offset. A quick fix would be to cut the plastic piece hanging down from the strut that is rubbing, but I'm worried with shock travel the wheel will hit the sheath around the shock.

I'm trying to find the best way around my issue. Should I run the risk of using hub centric spacers, which will be difficult since the threads are only so long or get a different set of rims with the right offset? What is the preferred offset for these tires to fit?

07 Interior Detail View.jpeg
02 Front Strut View.jpeg
05 Lateral Interior View.jpeg
06 Lateral Top View.jpeg
04 Outside front right View.jpeg

I appreciate the help from anyone on this.

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
225 Posts
To answer your concern,

I am running 285/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on stock OEM RR Sport wheels that measure out 20x9.5 with an offset of +53mm. My tires barely clear the front struts without any rub or issues. I have looked high and low and the only way you will make your current set-up work is by adding spacers, which in my opinion is not an ideal or safe route on such a heavy vehicle. Your only other option is to sell the current wheels and go for a much more aggressive offset. Misterkye is running a +40mm offset set-up from what I recall. You are going to need to push out the offset a minimum of +8mm but preferably +10mm or greater to make those monster 305's fit. Just don't go too crazy or the tires will stick out of the fenders like a sore thumb. I know this because I tried to do the same set-up before and bailed on it because I didn't want to run into more issues down the line. I have already had a transfer-case/transmission failure on my current set-up which may or may not be directly linked to the larger rotating mass of my current Nitto Terra Grapplers. Just a fair warning, Land Rovers don't really like being tinkered too much and the larger the wheels/tires you go the higher the chance of wearing out your powertrain components.

Hope that helped.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I believe you called us and I spoke to you regarding this. Spacers can fix this however it's not the right way. You will need a higher offset wheel which will definitely extend the wheel/tire passed the fender. I actually like that look on th L322.

As far as power train worries, everyone knows I have been running a A/T 305/35/24 tire for several years, I have not had 1 problem with the truck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the insight Mcanzio. Vik, I appreciate you helping me over the phone. I eventually got the tires on with the current wheels.

I like the look of the stormer wheels, so only a few modifications were made to get the tires to fit. In the original post there was a piece of plastic hanging from the strut that was making contact with the tire. From my discussions with the Land Rover service departments in Houston, the plastic piece is a plastic molding injection point. Since it has no mechanical use the piece was cut off. The shop that did the work also installed 10mm hubcentric spacers on the front two wheels. I know spacers are not encouraged to use, but I have not had any issues in the 2 month span I have had them on. The back right wheel well had to be trimmed since there was some rubbing. The back left tire had no issues.

So far after the install, the tires do rub when turning and when backing up. Also, going fast over large bumps will cause the tires to jam into the wheel well. In the end the tires absolutely make the car. After seeing it done by y'all I had to have it done.

Thanks for the inspiration and the help to make it happen.
image.jpeg
image_7.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_8.jpeg

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Curious to see if anyone (preferably local) would be interested in buying my current setup. I am pretty sure these will fit directly onto a new model Range, but not confirmed. Anyway, I just got into a different SUV and am selling my wheels. Prefer to sell with the tires (fronts are Nitto's and rears are Cooper's). I was experimenting with tires and now all of a sudden I find myself selling. I know the wheels went for something crazy like $3500 per wheel, but please offer up. I really love these wheels and it pains me to sell them, but I figure someone on these forums could at least enjoy them while I can not.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
nice to see a familiar face on l4p. been so busy with new business, haven't been around here much. i ended up getting into a used escalade. we're thinking kids in the near future, and needed something temporarily until we have our first. gonna get the wifey into a new suv, and the way the market is going, i'm sure the even newer RR will be even more badass then. loved this rr, and definitely will miss this setup. my favorite wheel of all time!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
All good stuff and just throwing this out there a 6" lift and some off road tires would look pretty gnar on the escalade in the meantime.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts