Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of you have been wondering about Cooper tires on your Rover's. Fitment worries are definitely stopping quite a few people from doing this tire swap. Anyone that see's these tires in person instantly falls in love with its aggressive appearance. Above all, it also performs great, offers sidewall protection, wheel protection, rain/snow traction, off-roading capabilities and more!

The following Cooper LTZ size is the 305/40/22 which is the only size they make in a 22'' format.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So did they end up fitting? Any rub anywhere? Did you find out the offset of those wheels?

Lookin' Good!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So did they end up fitting? Any rub anywhere? Did you find out the offset of those wheels?

Lookin' Good!
They fit great! No spacers, we did not get a chance to measure up the offsets, the owner might the specs.

The tires on low mode will rub slightly if driven around, so we recommend raising the car everytime driving it. Other then that very slight fender liner modifications were needed!

·
L4P Moderator
4,794 Posts
wow that is some serious tread

Shared with over Eleven Thousand One Hundred of L4P Fans on FaceBook.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think I will be next getting a set of 305/40R22's!! I was going to wait for MisterKye to stop by on Wednesday lol...I was actually over at the shop that day. We need to all get our Rover's for a meet!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
damn, should have pm'd me. vik actually gave me a ride home, pretty close to there. we shall meet soon my rr buddy. what wheels are you going to do the 305/40/22's with?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
There will be a bunch of L4P peeps stopping by the RDB shop around 9am tomorrow morning before heading out for the run. You guys are welcome to come and join us, even if it is to stop by at the shop before we head out.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
1st weekend thoughts:

Thought I had brought my camera to work, but turns out I left it at home. Anyway, the tires are awesome! Have been receiving comments on them left and right! Even my wife says that the new tires look like they were made for the car. Driveability is not lost and there are no signs of rubbing at regular height. When you lower the vehicle (at access height) the tires will rub when hitting bumps, turning into lots and etc.). I think the tires accentuate the step lip of the Hamann's, as they were mostly an afterthought with the 285/35/22 tires. Will post better pics after I detail the car and get my camera back.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I love it! Throw a roof rack and some lights on that thing, and it'll look seriously burly.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I love it! Throw a roof rack and some lights on that thing, and it'll look seriously burly.
I've been wanting to throw a roof rack on it, but I'm just worried that I'll hit a lot of ceilings and overhanging objects when going into parking structures.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've been wanting to throw a roof rack on it, but I'm just worried that I'll hit a lot of ceilings and overhanging objects when going into parking structures.
Well, the average parking garage entrance is 6'-8" to 7' (rarely 6'-6"). Measure your truck at normal ride height and see if you've got a few inches to spare for a roof rack. Urban Offroad could easily build a custom low-profile rack with an LED bar and low side "walls."

·
Registered
116 Posts
With the expedition rack (excluding the tire, obviously) I can fit into garages that say 7'0"... but barely.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ordered both the side steps and roof rack, but the roof rack was damaged during shipping and now I have to look for another one. I had just spent a lot of time at the malls for Christmas shopping, and I'm really wondering if the roof rack would even fit inside a lot of these parking garages in LA. I think some of the garages I do go inside of may be lower than the standard 7".

I'll post pics once the steps are installed.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ordered both the side steps and roof rack, but the roof rack was damaged during shipping and now I have to look for another one. I had just spent a lot of time at the malls for Christmas shopping, and I'm really wondering if the roof rack would even fit inside a lot of these parking garages in LA. I think some of the garages I do go inside of may be lower than the standard 7".

I'll post pics once the steps are installed.
Awaiting the arrival of your steps. ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts