Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The Bentley convertible of Lakers forward Jordan Hill was involved in a traffic accident early Saturday morning.

According to California Highway Patrol Officer Monica Posada, the vehicle, which was not being driven by Hill, crashed into a condominium complex in Marina Del Rey about 2 a.m.

While Hill lives in the building that was struck, he wasn't in the vehicle at the time of the crash.

The driver, identified as Michael Lacey, 26, was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

The accident reportedly ruptured a gas line that was shut down by firefighters.

"Officers followed a trail of blood from the car to an elevator and from the elevator to Hill's residence," said Posada.

Hill was questioned about the crash but was not arrested.

The Lakers forward is currently sidelined while recovering from hip surgery. Hill isn't expected to be healthy until June, although an earlier return might be possible if the Lakers make an extended playoff run.

Currently the team is in ninth place in the Western Conference standings and hoping to overtake the Utah Jazz for the final playoff spot.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Shit.

Must bite when you put all the hours into something like this only to have a retard go and total it only a few weeks/days later.

Reactions: VR1

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ok first wow the car was sick and second, damn at what happened to it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i had this car in my possession for a few weeks, we did the exhaust/ ECU tune/ lowering module on her.. i couldn't believe it when i saw it was totaled. It did make a ton of power though, i could see how it would surprise someone who hadn't driven it before.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Well, makes me feel better this was an older body style, not the newer one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, makes me feel better this was an older body style, not the newer one.
Lol, the 'older body style' .. the body style barely changed. I could get it if you were ragging on the cheaper V8's vs the W12's.. but the body styles are almost indistinguishable to the average car enthusiast.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Lol, the 'older body style' .. the body style barely changed. I could get it if you were ragging on the cheaper V8's vs the W12's.. but the body styles are almost indistinguishable to the average car enthusiast.
The change might seem minimal to an untrained eye but its huge. Outside and in.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Not to me, I can immediately tell the difference from the smaller headlamps, the front bumper line that seperates plastic from sheet metal, the older style lower air dam, the taller A & C pillar and most obvious, the smaller tail lights in the rear. Also you might not realize this but this years body style weighs less than 2011 and behind models. I would hardly call that "barely" since its blatantly obvious this is an older style bentley. I wouldn't rag on the V8 being lesser than the W12. I'd just be happy I could afford one. Bottom line, the new body is WAY better than the previous one in many ways, so again, don't feel so bad Jordan's was an older body style. still sad though of course. If you don't own a Bentley I can understand your opinion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not to me, I can immediately tell the difference from the smaller headlamps, the front bumper line that seperates plastic from sheet metal, the older style lower air dam, the taller A & C pillar and most obvious, the smaller tail lights in the rear. Also you might not realize this but this years body style weighs less than 2011 and behind models. I would hardly call that "barely" since its blatantly obvious this is an older style bentley. I wouldn't rag on the V8 being lesser than the W12. I'd just be happy I could afford one. Bottom line, the new body is WAY better than the previous one in many ways, so again, don't feel so bad Jordan's was an older body style. still sad though of course. If you don't own a Bentley I can understand your opinion.
I do own a Bentley GT, the older style. The general car enthusiast cannot tell the difference.. a Bentley enthusiast, certainly. The difference in the two models is most noticeable (in my opinion) in the interior. I would only upgrade based on the interior, and I just couldn't justify selling mine, and paying $100k to get into a car that for the most part is the same with the exception of a significantly better electronics, a slight weight decrease and a more refined interior.

I'm glad they didn't change the exterior all that much to be honest, I thought their design was quite timeless and I do enjoy the look of the new one (from the front to about the rear windows) but as it gets to the trunk I don't like how it gets a little boxy, similar to the way the GTC trunks were. I really like the sloped back from the regular gen 1 GT's.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts