Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a beautiful BMW X5M we completed. We chose to go with the Velos Designwerks tune and the customer chose to use the Meisterschaft electronically valve controlled exhaust system. Below you will find some pictures and a video of the results! This SUV made a ton of power, 125+ lb/tq!

·
Registered
630 Posts
The torque is crazy

·
14,490 Posts
Great car! and good job guys. One thing I've never understood with v8s though. All people need to do is cut off the mufflers to get the v8 sound and it's the same amount of volume as putting aftermarket expensive exhaust on lol.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great car! and good job guys. One thing I've never understood with v8s though. All people need to do is cut off the mufflers to get the v8 sound and it's the same amount of volume as putting aftermarket expensive exhaust on lol.
At that point its experimenting, it might be too loud or too low. Then you got to custom make tips, unless you want to stay with the stock ones. Also this exhaust has the electronic valve which controls the exhaust from low to loud sound. Sometimes you just don't want the loud sound, at that point its just a switch which we installed in the center console.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Great tuning on the X5M. That thing is a beast and sounds like one too.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
haha don't trip, it'll be there. there may be a new project in the near future also :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Too subtle. Def thought it would have a larger bellow.
The car is pretty loud for an SUV. You have to remember it is a twin turbo motor so the exhaust sound will be slightly quieter then the motor without turbo's. Trust me it sounds like a beast driving!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The car is pretty loud for an SUV. You have to remember it is a twin turbo motor so the exhaust sound will be slightly quieter then the motor without turbo's. Trust me it sounds like a beast driving!
I understand, although i expected a throatier sound at idle. This is usually the case with porsche turbo's and gtr's. I suppose it sounds much more lively in person.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Van told me he saw this bimmer today on PCH.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Haha ya we saw each other, throwin the 4's, his new maserati is pretty sick.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts