Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys know about the RCR Superlite Coupe? This is the first one I've seen and it really looks appealing (a bit like a Pagani Zonda). It pretty much looks to be a track car that you can build yourself. What's the general feedback on reliability and performance? Thanks

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
As far as a kit car, I think they are pretty awesome. Fit and finish isn't exactly ferrari, but they also don't have the millions to spend on engineering interior panels/gaps etc.

Also, this looks nothing like a zonda in anyway :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
RCR makes some pretty sweet replicas from what I've seen. I think reliability comes down to how you put it together and the parts used.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Video Doesnt work :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Met an older gentleman at a local car show who had purchased one from S.FL. The engine was LSx coupled to a Ricardo gearbox from a Ford GT with something around 500 hp at the crank. The car is pretty light and he said he had succeeded in scaring the hell out of his wife, along with most of his family and friends to where they would not ride in it at all. Drives it around town some and seemed happy with it, only had about 100k in it, if I recall correctly.

Did not inspect car up close for things like interior fit and such, but I have talked to Fran (owner) at RCR and he is super cool. I would say something like this or an Ultima could easily compete with a Ferrari or Lambo if someone were willing to spend some time and money during the build process paying special attention to fit and finish, NVH, more luxurious interior, ICE, etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
RCR does make very good racing chassis for the kit car industry.
I know of a Cobra owner that's having one built (the GT40 replica).
I can try to see if I can find the magazine that did a write up of the company if you want. I've been slowly going through my stack and throwing them out since they are mostly 4-5years old now.

EDIT

Just looked at whats left and I don't have the paper article so I went online and found it here:

http://www.kitcarmag.com/featuredvehicles/0903kc_race_car_replica_superlite_coupe/index.html

Guessing maybe you already saw it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts