Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

Are any of you having problems receiving your vehicle I ordered mine in August they told me I would have by end of November 2014 now Im being told delayed until January 2015!!!WTF!!!

I was told that dealers here are receiving only 1 RR V6 & 1 RR V8 per month!!!

Can anybody else confirm this ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
let me guess you ordered from Land Rover laval?
I ordered in August from Land Rover Montreal....when I went to Laval they told me not before a year as for Montreal they told me end of November 2014 but now it has changed to January 2015

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supply and demand. The demand for the new Range Rovers is huge right now so it doesn't surprise me if your order got delayed.
I'm just worried their selling spots for people paying a little extra!!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Call your dealer out on it.
Ask them why this is happening and how you can get the car ASAP.
If they're selling the first allocation spots and changing other people's build dates, that's kind of messed up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call your dealer out on it.
Ask them why this is happening and how you can get the car ASAP.
If they're selling the first allocation spots and changing other people's build dates, that's kind of messed up.
I have contacted Land Rover Canada by email for an explanation cause it makes no sense they are receiving only 2 vehicles per month per dealer!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THE REPLY....

Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center. I appreciate your inquiry and apologize that you are having difficulty with your purchase. Please understand that at this time, our Land Rover products are under unprecedented demand and we have experienced unforeseen delays in production. I truly apologize that this has been your experience. I assure you that we are monitoring this matter closely and ensuring that we deliver allocations as soon as possible to meet the needs of our customers

·
Registered
597 Posts
My buddy happened to manage to pick a full size off as it was coming into a dealer in Calgary. Basically someone backed off of it and he went in and paid cash. Otherwise it would have been at least 8 months and he got the same story that they were only getting a few a month. The markups for them here in Vancouver are ridiculous through third party dealers for low KM units

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just crazyyyy!!!...I rather wait and pay no markup...I'm hearing stories that Ford cant keep up with LR demand for engines as well!!!

My buddy happened to manage to pick a full size off as it was coming into a dealer in Calgary. Basically someone backed off of it and he went in and paid cash. Otherwise it would have been at least 8 months and he got the same story that they were only getting a few a month. The markups for them here in Vancouver are ridiculous through third party dealers for low KM units

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello guys,

Are any of you having problems receiving your vehicle I ordered mine in August they told me I would have by end of November 2014 now Im being told delayed until January 2015!!!WTF!!!

I was told that dealers here are receiving only 1 RR V6 & 1 RR V8 per month!!!

Can anybody else confirm this ?
Guys, Dealers are given a certain number of units pre-determined based on previous sales numbers. Jaguar/Land Rover have very strict standards for authorized dealers selling above sticker and if you catch one they should be reported. Albeit that is for NEW cars. Used units can go for whatever. Supply will continue to be high for Full sized as they have the lowest production numbers for J/LR and when the company continues to introduce car after car I don't see them increasing supply. They are already seeing record growth.

I don't see them being able to sell your spot, especially at this point as your vehicle should have entered production or hit "lock in" status by now.

My dealer has always been a straight shot and doesn't BS me. I have been fortunate to learn a lot about what they go through. I live in a small town and my dealer ends up selling his cars to other dealers because he actually has cars on the lot. Right now there is a white on black Supercharged on their lot. ;) But I am sure if you dealer is doing something shady you should call him out on it and ask to see the notice of delay from the factory. And if he can't show it to you I would notify J/LR.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On Tuesday I was told backed up to February 2015 right now.,...funny part is went to pick up my dads truck at Mercedes asked for a new 2015 GL and their delayed as well Feb. 2015

RIDICULOUS

Guys, Dealers are given a certain number of units pre-determined based on previous sales numbers. Jaguar/Land Rover have very strict standards for authorized dealers selling above sticker and if you catch one they should be reported. Albeit that is for NEW cars. Used units can go for whatever. Supply will continue to be high for Full sized as they have the lowest production numbers for J/LR and when the company continues to introduce car after car I don't see them increasing supply. They are already seeing record growth.

I don't see them being able to sell your spot, especially at this point as your vehicle should have entered production or hit "lock in" status by now.

My dealer has always been a straight shot and doesn't BS me. I have been fortunate to learn a lot about what they go through. I live in a small town and my dealer ends up selling his cars to other dealers because he actually has cars on the lot. Right now there is a white on black Supercharged on their lot. ;) But I am sure if you dealer is doing something shady you should call him out on it and ask to see the notice of delay from the factory. And if he can't show it to you I would notify J/LR.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On Tuesday I was told backed up to February 2015 right now.,...funny part is went to pick up my dads truck at Mercedes asked for a new 2015 GL and their delayed as well Feb. 2015

RIDICULOUS
I really just believe that means your local dealers allotment is sold out until then. My local small town dealer has two sitting on the lot. One SC White on Black and the other an HSE Black. Check other dealers if you don't want to wait. Or just drive out to CT! :laugh:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got to speak to the sales manager threw a hookup...25 people on the list for V6 and then he offered me a V8 Black that someone cancelled their order for 135,000$CAN which was 14,000$ over the sticker price I told him to keep it!!! Pretty ridiculous....I guess Ill wait!!!

I really just believe that means your local dealers allotment is sold out until then. My local small town dealer has two sitting on the lot. One SC White on Black and the other an HSE Black. Check other dealers if you don't want to wait. Or just drive out to CT! :laugh:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GREAT NEWS.... "Jaguar Land Rover reportedly eyeing a U.S. plant" ....JUST A BIT TOO LATE ....whoever is in charge of production should get fired!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try ordering a Range Rover Sport Supercharged. Your wait time is about well....2 years. Oh and that new Discovery Sport that hasn't even touched U.S. soil? Its already on a possible full year wait. Land Rover makes great products. If you want it. You wait. My Aintree Green full size Vogue is still in paper.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
A guy I know is the Director of sales for Land Rover in Brossard... I'll see what I can do for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ordered mine end of June.. Production Delivery date is set at Dec 12,2014

I have had a few chances to get one earlier as many people have been getting caught trying to export them, But i really wanted my color combo and options.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts