Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a little help. I ran over an ink pen in my Z06. I got most of it off but where the rear bumper is covering the muffler on the rear I'm having problems. Any advice on products or what I should do?

While rubbing off the ink with Bug & Tar I made a blister the size of a quarter on my thumb. I really need help, Thanks in advance. :bow1:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Claybar and heavy compound wax.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I could use a little help. I ran over an ink pen in my Z06. I got most of it off but where the rear bumper is covering the muffler on the rear I'm having problems. Any advice on products or what I should do?

While rubbing off the ink with Bug & Tar I made a blister the size of a quarter on my thumb. I really need help, Thanks in advance. :bow1:
Bring it by my shop, I'll take care of it for you.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Bring it by my shop, I'll take care of it for you.
That is what this site is all about. Good people helping other good people. Keep it up.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First off guys David is the real deal. He embodies what a car guy should be. He not only fixed my stain he had my car detailed on the strength. Not just detailed but polished to the day I drove it off the showroom floor. When he said he was going to help it was a huge understatement. I can not say enough at what an asset he is to this forum and life. If you are in the Atlanta area David is the guy to see for a car, detailing, car photography studio and just to be around.

David you are the man.

Thank You So Much!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Thanks for the kind words bro!
Rob and I were just talking about how stoked you were when you saw the car, thats what its all about :D
See you two this weekend!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Any photos of the rescue effort or finished product? Always like to see a happy ending. :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks. It just seemed like a real challenge to remove ink without screwing up the paint, so I was curious to see how it went.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Still a very little bit of the ink was left on the inner rear fender well. It had been on there a while so it was all dried up. Todd will probably just have at the few specks with some touchup. It's one of those things that you would never notice now unless pointed out, but someone OCD like me it will drive crazy just knowing its there lol.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
what did you wind up doing to get it off?

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I rubbed bug and tar until I made a blister on my thumb. Then I used Honda Brite a week later. I did bake it on as I thought it was tar and ignored it. The muffler heated that ink stain up on the inside of the fender well and a small spec is left. David did a hard water correction and polish for me. That stain is there to stay but touch up will take care of it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts