Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these pictures recently which show Ralph's Veyron Super Sport (world record edition) with a few nice touches of his special customization. It looks pretty incredible and is yet another unique car to add to his mind blowing collection!

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I don't think that's a WRE SS but a black SS with orange on the engine bay area. If I recall there are only 5 WRE all painted exactly
the same. I think the only WRE in the US is the one in California. That same guy also has a Sang Noir, Standard Veyron, and a GS Veyron.

251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think that's a WRE SS but a black SS with orange on the engine bay area. If I recall there are only 5 WRE all painted exactly
the same. I think the only WRE in the US is the one in California. That same guy also has a Sang Noir, Standard Veyron, and a GS Veyron.
This is Ralph Lauren we are talking about....trust me it's a WRE ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Honestly honestly, with all the respect in the world to Ralph and his great collection of cars, but it doesn’t make any sense to me to order one of the 5 WRE special & Limited editions, and then ask it to be changed to this.. I mean if it is the WRE, then why would he do this to it if he doesn’t like how it came out? He could’ve ordered a normal SS and customized it the way he liked, and left a WRE to someone that would appreciate the color scheme on it..

+1 on Reventon5150 remark, who said it’s not a WRE, but a normal SS with some orange accents on the top of the car, or maybe I would just want to believe that..

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
This is Ralph Lauren we are talking about....trust me it's a WRE ;)
Trust me- There are only 5 WRE SS and they are all painted the same and this is not one of them. There is only 1 WRE in the USA and
this is not it. It is in Ca and it was in Montery CA last summer. So yes this is an SS but it is NOT a WRE
Hate to correct you, but as far as I know there are 6 WRE SS to the world, and Bugatti Corp did indeed allocate a 2nd US WRE SS car just for Mr.Lauren. The car was delivered to his vacation house in CO right after this past year's Pebble Beach/Monterey weekend. And if you know/notice, only the WRE SS Veyrons are allowed to have the black/white Bugatti front grille badge from the factory.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Hate to correct you, but as far as I know there are 6 WRE SS to the world, and Bugatti Corp did indeed allocate a 2nd US WRE SS car just for Mr.Lauren. The car was delivered to his vacation house in CO right after this past year's Pebble Beach/Monterey weekend. And if you know/notice, only the WRE SS Veyrons are allowed to have the black/white Bugatti front grille badge from the factory.
This man knows his bugs.

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
where did u get 6 WRE unless that includes the prototype

I know u are the bug guy here and I am the new guy but there are 5 WRE editions and they are all in the orange and black 2 tone.

bugatti.com - World Record Edition

go through the slide show--on one of the pics it even states there are only 5 cars
As far as I know the prototype SS is not in WRE trim, and the car has over 40K miles the last time I was told about it a few months back.

I was not aware until recently that Mr.Lauren's WRE SS is even more specially customized then "regular" WRE SSs. But I guess don't forget he is Ralph Lauren, I think that name and prestigious itself alone can go a long way.

Reactions: black_sky_blur

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think it's just a vinyl wrap on the orange lower body parts so it stands out less while protecting it from rock chips. I don't doubt it is a WRE.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts