Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's opinion on reflashing the R8 V10? The car is already fast from the factory, we all know that, but are the owners considering reflashing the ECU for more power?

The reason I ask is because I know from past experience, many tend to shy away from reflashing naturally aspirated ECU's. The gains are rather small in comparison to turbocharged/supercharged engines where typically there are large gains to be had from added boost pressure.

That brings me back to the R8 V10. As many may or may not know, this is essentially the same engine in the R8 GT and the Lamborghini Gallardo V10 FSI. As such, Audi has left quite a bit of room on the table for improvement in order to offer higher end models with the same engine.

Now, obviously there is room for improvement in by ultimately altering the final output for ignition timing, air fuel ratio, and a few other areas, but there was another area of calibration which left a significant amount of power ready to be unlocked by reflashing the ECU.

My point is, I know the hesitation that come with flashing an ECU especially on naturally aspirated ECU's given the cost, but after working on production R8 V10's in house and V10 R8 LMS Race cars, seeing and understand what was left on the table and why, and finally feeling the results first hand, I have to say if you are on the fence, try it out, especially if the tuner is offering either a trial or money back guarantee like us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The R8-V10 is basically a downgraded V10 from a Gallardo LP560. So if you reflash the ECU you'll get a huge gain for a NA-engine.

It's comparable to Merc's C63 where the same engine (6.2l V8 NA) is installed as in all the other AMG. With an ECU reflash you gain about 50-60hp, means from 450 up to 500-510.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts