Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a Chap in Canada thinking of renting these cars to interested parties in Canada and the USA. Would there be much demand. the rental period would be up to 40 days. Initially he was going to start out with 6 R34's.

Whats the thoughts?

·
Registered
105 Posts
that doesnt apply unless hes trying to leave in the usa.

it really depends on the market your trying to reach rental wise , are you wanting to rent it to someone like a luxury car at a few grand a day or a regular rental like hertz or race car rental

to be honest theres lot of hype to the car but ive owned them and would never rent one , would have no purpose

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you look toward the usa , look toward prepping it for drifting or another venue and rent it to drivers , that would work as well , if i came to canada for a week i would def pay someone to rent there car and drive at a track

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
if you look toward the usa , look toward prepping it for drifting or another venue and rent it to drivers , that would work as well , if i came to canada for a week i would def pay someone to rent there car and drive at a track
That's a good angle (pun intended) and I know of a few people who have done that. All the fun of driving a racecar without the headaches of owning one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it be allowed to register the car in a different country and let clients drive it in the USA? Or are they completely banned in the USA?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
READ.....^

its posted right above you

Reactions: Wheelman916

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It Honestly isnt too hard to have these cars here (USA) LEGALLY.. you just cant have a budge..

ive own a R33 Skyline and now a Toyota Chaser ( only 3 in the US and mine is the only federally legal one)

both came straight from Japan.. i have a really good importer here in FL that has anything from a R34 GTR to S15 all straight from japan

My old Skyline

Here is the Chaser

·
Registered
105 Posts
theres 2 jzx90s in dallas , a laurel an r34 one jzx100 in houston , plenty of skylines here in san antonio , theres another jzx90 for sale in washington and theres another guy with a jzx in maryland

also how can you say its fed legal if you have never had a USA DOT crash test ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is it be allowed to register the car in a different country and let clients drive it in the USA? Or are they completely banned in the USA?
they can be imported as race cars and have about 30-90 days i think that they can be used in the USA then have to go back to canada , they even make sure it has a cage and some other stuff , now if your just trying to sell it thats diffrent .

·
Registered
105 Posts
It Honestly isnt too hard to have these cars here (USA) LEGALLY.. you just cant have a budge..

ive own a R33 Skyline and now a Toyota Chaser ( only 3 in the US and mine is the only federally legal one)

both came straight from Japan.. i have a really good importer here in FL that has anything from a R34 GTR to S15 all straight from japan

My old Skyline

Here is the Chaser

im jelous lol know anyone that wants a bmw for a jzx

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
im talking about JZX100 Chasers... i know there are more JZXs out there

and there isnt one in Maryland cause this was it.. lol

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it is much easier to own and drive any JDM, RHD cars in Florida than just about any other state. FL DMV is notoriously lax and provides more than enough loopholes to get them on the road.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
We've seen any number of GT-R legality threads on the forum, but in summary, the only cars that are 50-state, federally legal are the MotoRex R33 GT-Rs that were actually modified to NHTSA safety standards after extensive and documented crash testing.

I have also heard that the MotoRex R32 and R34 GT-Rs sold to customers under the false pretense of having been legalized were 'grandfathered' into approval. Not sure if that's true or not, just a rumor I heard more than once.

Any number of individual states will allow you to register and drive these cars, but they will not be 50-state, federally compliant. It's up to you whether you want to roll the dice and risk uncontested government seizure.
:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Skylines (everything besides the R33 and R35) are not legal both federally and at the state level
There are some "loopholes" where people imported them (as a parts car, without the engine) and have registered them as 240sx and got them through emissions

Here is a link with alot of info on this: Nissan Skyline importation into the United States - The FACTS

I thought about starting an import business from Japan / Canada because the cars are getting CHEAP and the demand is high with potential to double and even triple investments. The problem is the legality of it. They are currently illegal to drive / register for the street use. If they do get registered, the owners run the risk of getting them impounded at any time / place.

I am waiting for the 25 year rule, after that they can be legally registered and driven on the streets as "collectors cars"
I am guessing by the time this rolls around, others will be doing the same thing and the markets / streets will be flooded with them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts