Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was thinking today, I take a ton of pictures. But, I only see them if I take the time to sit and view them on my laptop, iPad or iPhone. Which means almost never. I've looked at digital picture viewers, but they are expensive and they all seem kinda cheesy, their build quality isn't very good and most are small. Couldn't I use a 19" LCD TV? They look good and you can buy them for under $100. It can easily be mounted on the wall. I'm guessing some come with a USB port to play the pictures through. I can hang it up in the living room so it can be viewed while I'm watching TV. What do you guys think? Any other ideas along the same lines? How else could I display the pictures on it? Wifi? Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
913 Posts
That'd work. USB is probably your best bet if you want to keep it easy. you could also use any old monitors you had lying around with like a raspberry pi or something, which would make streaming over network or anything else easier too. I thought you could get decent digital picture viewers cheap these days though... (But I guess they wouldn't be as big). Could always get a cheap tablet?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there are some cheap ones. But their build quality is so cheesy, and like you said, they are small. I fiqure, what's a hundy for the build quality of a good 19" TV?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts