Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, pretty much i got a custom tailored 3 button suit from Ralph Lauren, and it has a rear vent. The rear vent is sown so that it doesn't flap with about 2 threads on the bottom portion with an off color thread...

Am i supposed to cut these loose and let the rear vent flap loose?

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Yes sir, that is correct.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the thing that is throwing me off is that the non matching threads aren't visible when i am standing up or sitting...

is that flap supposed to flap is really what i need to know?
i dont want to cut threads on a brand new suit if im not supposed to?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Take a pic.

Just a guess w/o pic is you cut them.

Edited:
CAREFULLY!!!!!! :)

And Good Luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Is the vent in the middle or sides?

Well.. either way, it's supposed to be taken out.

Your front pocket (and all the pockets on the jacket) should also be sealed when you first got the suit, you gotta open it too to throw in your pocket square.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like marc0 said, make sure you snip and open the front breast pocket as well, so you can throw your square in there.

And I'm sure you already know this, but just in case you don't (since I still get shocked that I see it sometimes when I'm out), remember to remove the brand label tag stitched/sewn onto the sleeve (if applicable to your suit). Major fashion faux pas! :)

Good luck on your interview!

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
These guys are spot on.
It's supposed to flap so that it doesn't wrinkle or stretch when sitting.
Don't forget your pocket square.
Good luck on the interview.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cut it and just got done with my frist two interviews.... one company offered me the job on the spot pending a site tour... if was with lift technologies, but i dont want to make fork lift masts for the rest of my life. i wanna go fast

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sad thing is that i had one interview right next to the tesla table, and the dumbest kid in my class was interviewing with her... WTF... he picked his nose when i was looking over

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I cut it and just got done with my frist two interviews.... one company offered me the job on the spot pending a site tour... if was with lift technologies, but i dont want to make fork lift masts for the rest of my life. i wanna go fast
I know of a guy making a killing repairing/refurbishing forklifts in San Antonio. Learn as much as you can then breakaway and start you own gig…may support you desire to go fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts