Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Q7 TDi Premium Plus. After close call on the Fwy with the last storm we had i decided that i need winters for my Q7 specially driving to mountains with my 2 year old. We go skiing regularly, being in Las Vegas area, its 200 miles to closest ski area in Utah. Sourced used OEM 20" rims. I never used winter tires, always all seasons. My question is which winter tires are good for use both in dry condition and snow. My plan is, every time we go to snow i change the wheels, so i don't ruin the winter tires, on dry pavement. So far I found Nokian Hakkapeliita R3 or Vredestein Wintrac Pro. All suggestions and input appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used Blizzaks on a 2nd set of OEM rims on my Q7 every winter for trips up to Tahoe and they've worked great. Been caught in some nasty storms with deep fresh snow and never had issues. On the other hand, with my all season tires I slid down a slightly sloped driveway into a snowbank and am thankful there were no cars coming down the road at the time. I don't trust all season tires in anything but very mild snow and nicely plowed roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To be frank, I'm not familiar with the winter tires you talked about in your post. Right now, I am running a set of Michelin Xi3. It serves as my dedicated winter tires for two seasons now. One thing that I love about it is the fact that it provides a great grip on roads with sleet and snow. I got it at a reasonable price on 4wheelonline. The shop offers an extensive selection of snow tires that you may want to check out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be frank, I'm not familiar with the winter tires you talked about in your post. Right now, I am running a set of Michelin Xi3. It serves as my dedicated winter tires for two seasons now. One thing that I love about it is the fact that it provides a great grip on roads with sleet and snow. I got it at a reasonable price on 4wheelonline. The shop offers an extensive selection of snow tires that you may want to check out.
Thanks for your opinion. Can i use Michelin Xi3 tire also in summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts