Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Cool vid. Thanks for sharing. My father-in-law retired from there after 45 years of service. Only job he ever knew since 16.

·
Registered
570 Posts
interesting tech. i dunno how the C-class crj's are going to fit into the US market and im not aware of anyone flying MRJ's in the US. can i get a retro fit for the crj200???

·
Registered
241 Posts
All the bad news coming from Rolls Royce must be great for these guys. Pratt and Whitney makes great stuff....

·
Registered
80 Posts
It was always fun doing engine runs in the 22 with the P&W 119's. They "say" 35,000 lbs of thrust....times 2. We werent "supposed" to go above 80% on the flightline....we all did at least once haha. The pucker factor is up there when you have the brakes mashed down and youre watching the RPM's go past 80%, and thats just one engine above 80%, The guy on the ground can hardly hear you through the headset lol.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Jump chocks a couple times back in my C-141 days…swear we only had two to power :whistle:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Only got one flight in a C-141 from Nellis to Tyndall. Pretty bare bones as always. KC-10 is where its at lol. C-17's aren't bad as long as you find a good spot to lay out once the seat belt sign comes off. Never jumped chalks though in anything....eng run on F-15E's and F-22's.......never ballsy enough b/c it was usually at the end of a 12 hr shift and i just wanted to get done and go home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts