Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen one of these Project X Rolexes in the flesh?

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
That Daytona looks good.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw these quite a while back but don't follow Rolex too closely.

The idea of a DSSD on NATO does intrigue me these days though.

I'm guessing the finishing does not last because they DLC over polished parts?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd do it on a sub or something, but nothing like a Daytona let alone a WG Daytona, which IMO is f-ing retarded toDLC coat.
The hands are actually enamelled.

DLCing WG would be utterly pointless!

·
10,594 Posts
I'm guessing the finishing does not last because they DLC over polished parts?
You can't DLC polished parts, they have to all be blasted before the process will take.

I'd do it on a sub or something, but nothing like a Daytona let alone a WG Daytona, which IMO is f-ing retarded toDLC coat.
They look pretty good imo but a 40mm watch looks even smaller on the wrist after its blacked out. Agree about gold, it would be a bit of a waste.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can't DLC polished parts, they have to all be blasted before the process will take.

They look pretty good imo but a 40mm watch looks even smaller on the wrist after its blacked out. Agree about gold, it would be a bit of a waste.
Interesting.. I just did a quick skim read and looks like they have a matte and gloss DLC coating.

I always assumed PVD and DLC were matte as I had only seen it that way over brushed

·
10,594 Posts
Interesting.. I just did a quick skim read and looks like they have a matte and gloss DLC coating.

I always assumed PVD and DLC were matte as I had only seen it that way over brushed
I beleive for the standard matte PVD/DLC look such as on that Rolex you need the surface rough/preped in order to infuse the metal but to obtain a gloss kinda candy apple PVD/DLC look the part needs to be polished. i'm pretty sure. we can ask Lum-tec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts