Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a customer that bought a new 07 Quattroporte when they dropped and has barely touched it, we put some wheels on it, tinted it and added a grill and then there it sat.....well with only 5k on the odometer he thought maybe it was time to to move it down the road and find something else to take up the garage space.......not happenin, the market on these cars has really dropped and he couldn't part with it for so little. So in comes 503 Motoring. He has decided to have some fun with the car so we plan to completely strip the entire car and recover her Grigio Granito paint with an Arctic White coat, re-work the entire interior in the finest leathers and change up the wheels to reflect this new flavor.

We would like to thank John Heim in service at Maserati San Francisco for all his patience on the phone as we dissected this beast.....apparently people don't do this often...lol

Here is what we are starting with:

Here is the owners vision, Not everyone's taste but that's why it's called custom fellas:

Then we went and did this:

And ended up with a pile of this:

Here are all the rest of the components that will either be dyed, covered in Black Alcantara or reworked in leather:

More to come.......

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
That's wild seeing the whole interior gutted like that. I bet ripping that thing down was a first rate pain in the ass. Not like stripping an Escalade for sure! Definitely not everyone's style but very cool that you guys are getting to do a complete build on such a rare auto.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The owners vision pics look like Shiate. But hey, the customer is always right.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Tim I am a huge fan of your work usually but this time I think you should step in and educate this customer a lil more. The finished product photo ruins that poor car. I know you could talk him into doing something a lil more classy.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tim I am a huge fan of your work usually but this time I think you should step in and educate this customer a lil more. The finished product photo ruins that poor car. I know you could talk him into doing something a lil more classy.
I agree with you, here is my dilemma, this customer is one of our largest customers and he has a vision. I have tried to talk him out of things before and he gets very reserved. At the end of the day if he is happy that is my focus. Would I do this to my car....NO....would I draw this up and put it in front of a customer...NO. But at the end of the day I do have a commitment to give my customer what he wants and that is what I am doing, and at the highest possible quality. Now I already said that there were going to be haters but let's remember that even as business owners we have to remember not to fvck those that feed us.

That said.....lol...I fully intend to "tweak" this project now that we are underway.....

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
^ LOL, I knew we were gonna get some flack!
The only thing that is really killing me is the red exhaust tips. However, individuality is the most important thing, if this thread had it there way it would probably be blacked out.

Where is the interior final rendering?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It could be a lot worse guys......

The customer is always right as they say!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Can't wait for more.......Color scheme might not be my first pick, but I love it when people have the balls to do crazy stuff to an already insane car! I'm sure its going to turn out great as always Tim! Subcribed!!

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys, and Altered: no renderings of the interior yet but rest assured it will be very clean and classy the way Masi intended....lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very wild and wacky taste. Kind of sad to see everything get ripped out haha. If all the red was to be all black or white it would look very cool, but then again it is not my car and everyone has their own taste and style. Very interested to see what the inside will look like

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Tim dont misunderstand me I also believe the customer gets what he wants. I have been in the same position. I am actually working on a car now that wont budge from his vision. Its little things you have to tweak and they will roll with it.. Either way I know you guys will do a sick job on it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
White on black wheels = win

White with all the red accents = not so clever.

But hey, it's not your car, it's not my car, it's no one else's car but the bloke who is paying you to do it, so if he likes it then it it's his problem when he comes to sell it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marty's car? Remind him that you finally got his 300 looking sharp and he should give you the artistic license to do this right the first time!

Sure the end product will be great.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts