Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if someone gave you 30 grand to make a 1000whp, good handling, good braking car. what would you guys buy? what engine would you swap/mod. what suspension would you run? what wheels tires and brakes would you run?

·
Registered
504 Posts
For 30k an ls1 FD is your best bet. Do H/C and make 420-500whp, add nitrous as needed. Upgrade suspension and brakes. Car will weigh roughly 2700 pounds. Will it have 1000whp? No. Can you run [email protected]++ yes. The swap is fairly straight forward, only big challenge is wiring.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Lucky You!!!! That's a great problem to have, decisions, decisions. . . . .

An LSX block will suffice for the power, NA or FI. Obviously, the suspension would totally depend on the car you're putting it on. That goes for the wheels too. StopTech Brakes are great and reasonably priced, certainly not cheap though. As far as tires, they better have some serious meat. Nothing less than a 300+ series will do, probably even DR's.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Damn... 30 grand is a tough spot... well I know what I would build... but my preferences are very odd.

I'd do another second gen Mark VIII... 97-98... buy a mint example for $5k, drop $5k on a forged motor, $3k on a supercharger, $2k on a built trans, $2k on a drive shaft and rear end, $1k on brakes, $3k on wheels.... and then another $5k on interior mods and have the exact one I always wanted to build hahahahaha.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn... 30 grand is a tough spot... well I know what I would build... but my preferences are very odd.

I'd do another second gen Mark VIII... 97-98... buy a mint example for $5k, drop $5k on a forged motor, $3k on a supercharger, $2k on a built trans, $2k on a drive shaft and rear end, $1k on brakes, $3k on wheels.... and then another $5k on interior mods and have the exact one I always wanted to build hahahahaha.
lol that is so out its not even funny. its gona turn like a boat lol. :lol:

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well when you are 16 in HS you can't buy an SL55 so you get the next best thing :lol: or the thing about a dozen steps down that you can actually afford.
when i went to hs....mark8s were expensive as hell. i wanted one to cruise in. i remember a dude who had one which was fast as hell.

i wish i could afford a sl55 in hs. i dont think anybody can.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
can that chassis handle 1000whp?
I've seen a bunch around 600. I don't know enough about the chassis to be able to give you an educated answer on how much hp it can handle though. I do know that those engines are more than capable, and should certainly be one of your better options no matter what you were looking at dropping it into.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Id go with a 2nd Gen Mr2, with a Jze or whatever the Jap Motor is do a single turbo conversion, Full Exhaust, Sleeved out block so find a low mile one that has a good crank and journals so you dont have to do much other than pistons, rings, rod's, mains and sleeves and you are good to go, do a 2-step controller so you can build boost fast, a Mcleoud race clutch and so on let me know if you need more info just IMO.......

1 - 20 of 163 Posts