Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well a very good friend of mine from another shop came to me couple weeks ago and wanted to build a audio system for him in his excursion. but there was a couple catches to this. he wanted to keep this somewhat on a budget and also wanted massive bass but didn't want a box in the back of the truck. did want the cheesy box install just taking up space. he wanted the most amount of space to be able to pack his truck with whatever he wanted. so he dropped it off and left it in my hands to do what i do best. make the impossible possible.
we decided to go with the latest kenwood excelon head unit the dnx 9140 and paired up all the goodies to go with it. we put in some hertz speakers with kenwood excelon xr1s and xr4s amps and kenwood excelon sub woofers KFC-XW1000F.
our client wanted everything to look and feel as stock as possible. you can see from the pictures a couple things. we placed the tweeters on the a pillar not only to raise the image of the sound but also to make the highs smooth which is achieved by bouncing the sound off of the glass. the speaker opening on the doors were wrapped in black grille cloth to hide the speakers and keep everything stealth. the show piece and the accent of the system is the boxes. we fabricated the sub enclosures into the door itself. this allowed us to keep all of his trunk space available. we fiberglassed the entire enclosure and also built ports into the box. the enclosures were all built to spec and performed like no other. we spent a lot of time making theses custom enclosures and they were well worth it! the client actually had to turn the bass down a little because it was too much. we made the back panels that covered the sub boxes completely from hand. and then wrapped them in vinyl to match the interior color and stitching. hope you guys enjoy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
okay well a very good friend of mine from another shop came to me couple weeks ago and wanted to build a audio system for him in his excursion. but there was a couple catches to this. he wanted to keep this somewhat on a budget and also wanted massive bass but didn't want a box in the back of the truck. did want the cheesy box install just taking up space. he wanted the most amount of space to be able to pack his truck with whatever he wanted. so he dropped it off and left it in my hands to do what i do best. make the impossible possible.
we decided to go with the latest kenwood excelon head unit the dnx 9140 and paired up all the goodies to go with it. we put in some hertz speakers with kenwood excelon xr1s and xr4s amps and kenwood excelon sub woofers KFC-XW1000F.
our client wanted everything to look and feel as stock as possible. you can see from the pictures a couple things. we placed the tweeters on the a pillar not only to raise the image of the sound but also to make the highs smooth which is achieved by bouncing the sound off of the glass. the speaker opening on the doors were wrapped in black grille cloth to hide the speakers and keep everything stealth. the show piece and the accent of the system is the boxes. we fabricated the sub enclosures into the door itself. this allowed us to keep all of his trunk space available. we fiberglassed the entire enclosure and also built ports into the box. the enclosures were all built to spec and performed like no other. we spent a lot of time making theses custom enclosures and they were well worth it! the client actually had to turn the bass down a little because it was too much. we made the back panels that covered the sub boxes completely from hand. and then wrapped them in vinyl to match the interior color and stitching. hope you guys enjoy!

Great work.
and moar pics of that white Lambo in the background! :whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts