Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its already for sale, and I already have the money to pay for the season. But it doesn't mean this isn't a great proposal for a business.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Good luck man. Getting into racing is difficult. If you are an instructor for Skip Barber, why won't they sponsor you?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Are you looking for full season commitments or individual per race agreements?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck man. Getting into racing is difficult. If you are an instructor for Skip Barber, why won't they sponsor you?
Why would they have enough money to sponsor me? Most of their instructors are all professional race car drivers. From all series, ALMS, World Challenge, Grand-Am, Formula D, Indy Car, etc.

Are you looking for full season commitments or individual per race agreements?
Both! Ofcourse season commitments would be better, and thats why there is a large discount over the per race/weekend prices. However, anything and everything helps!

·
Registered
847 Posts
When does the season start?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Why would they have enough money to sponsor me?
If you have to ask this question, it questions how much you actually know about the company you work for, and the racing series it sponsors. If Skip Barber can host a MX-5 Cup, I'm sure they can sponsor a driver to race for them. If you seriously haven't thought about talking to your own employer about this, why should anyone sponsor you if you won't even ask the most logical question.

Not trying to cut you down, but it's becoming pretty obvious that you haven't a clue as to how to proceed. Sponsors aren't going to back a person that doesn't know how to manage his own business. The easiest questions someone will ask you need to have very specific and precise answers, not a question in return. One of the easiest questions that will come up is why isn't Skip Barber sponsoring one of their employees? Is that due to a no sponsorship policy they have to prevent a conflict of interest or another reason? If your answer is you haven't asked them about a possible sponsorship and your plans to start a racing career, no one is going to sponsor you.

Feel free to contact me about nailing out a plan of action. I'm not a professional in managing racing teams but I've had to deal with project proposals, design reviews and answer tough questions on a regular basis. There has to be a very detailed and well thought out business plan for any project or business in order to succeed, especially if it needs approval or sponsorship to go anywhere. I'd be happy to help get you started in the right direction, just know that I'll ask a lot of questions that will force you to go and find a correct answer.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have to ask this question, it questions how much you actually know about the company you work for, and the racing series it sponsors. If Skip Barber can host a MX-5 Cup, I'm sure they can sponsor a driver to race for them. If you seriously haven't thought about talking to your own employer about this, why should anyone sponsor you if you won't even ask the most logical question.

Not trying to cut you down, but it's becoming pretty obvious that you haven't a clue as to how to proceed. Sponsors aren't going to back a person that doesn't know how to manage his own business. The easiest questions someone will ask you need to have very specific and precise answers, not a question in return. One of the easiest questions that will come up is why isn't Skip Barber sponsoring one of their employees? Is that due to a no sponsorship policy they have to prevent a conflict of interest or another reason? If your answer is you haven't asked them about a possible sponsorship and your plans to start a racing career, no one is going to sponsor you.

Feel free to contact me about nailing out a plan of action. I'm not a professional in managing racing teams but I've had to deal with project proposals, design reviews and answer tough questions on a regular basis. There has to be a very detailed and well thought out business plan for any project or business in order to succeed, especially if it needs approval or sponsorship to go anywhere. I'd be happy to help get you started in the right direction, just know that I'll ask a lot of questions that will force you to go and find a correct answer.
Well seeing that they don't sponsor anyone of their employees, I found it strange they would just randomly sponsor me. I am not even going to ask. Because if they don't sponsor Ryan Hunter Rey, Spencer Pumpelly, Conrad Grunewald, Rene Villeneuve, Bryan Germone, Jonathan Bomarito, Rick DiIorio, etc. Then why would they sponsor "The new kid"? Do I get a discount? Yes, but it doesn't make it free.
____________________________________________________________________________________
He sure likes asking for sponsorships / money on this site. From this to Bullrun to Targa to GR. As they say, why use your own money when you can use L4P's!
Now to the other members, do you really have a problem with me asking for sponsors? Why does it bother you? Does it hinder your day in any way? I thought this is a car forum to talk about all things cars? I believe racing is part of cars. Sponsors come with racing, and where else am I going to find a broad place with thousands of business owners in the car market? Here,6SpeedOnline, GTSpirit or TeamSpeed, and I have chosen to make Luxury4Play my home.

Also just to clarify I never asked for sponsorships for Goldrush, nor Targa Trophy.

This is a great business marketing move, as the show is televised.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Well seeing that they don't sponsor anyone of their employees, I found it strange they would just randomly sponsor me. I am not even going to ask. Because if they don't sponsor Ryan Hunter Rey, Spencer Pumpelly, Conrad Grunewald, Rene Villeneuve, Bryan Germone, Jonathan Bomarito, Rick DiIorio, etc. Then why would they sponsor "The new kid"? Do I get a discount? Yes, but it doesn't make it free.
Fair enough but that should have been your first answer.

Do you have a business plan put together for this venture of yours? You need a business plan to be able to submit to potential sponsors. This is so that they can look it over and if they want to know more or consider it worthy, can come up with questions and ask you. It also shows that you've thought out how the business will function. The business plan is roughly equivalent to a resume for any business venture. It will include almost every single aspect of a business and it is the foundation.

·
Gold Sponsor
3,967 Posts
Now to the other members, do you really have a problem with me asking for sponsors? Why does it bother you? Does it hinder your day in any way? I thought this is a car forum to talk about all things cars? I believe racing is part of cars. Sponsors come with racing, and where else am I going to find a broad place with thousands of business owners in the car market? Here,6SpeedOnline, GTSpirit or TeamSpeed, and I have chosen to make Luxury4Play my home.
Yes, it does. Some of us are in the business of racing. Your proposal has the potential of taking business (sponsorship money) from my team. While our budgets vary by orders of magnitude, so there might be no potential overlap, we are sponsors on this forum.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it does. Some of us are in the business of racing. Your proposal has the potential of taking business (sponsorship money) from my team. While our budgets vary by orders of magnitude, so there might be no potential overlap, we are sponsors on this forum.
And you offer sponsorship for as little as $100 a weekend?

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
And you offer sponsorship for as little as $100 a weekend?
That's completely irrelevant. He is a paid sponsor of the site, you are some guy who is asking for money. That's against the rules.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Drake, I'll ask my question again. Do you have a business plan? I also have another question, have you tried reaching out to companies individually? Oil companies like Amsoil, Modil 1, etc. Tire brands, wheel companies, parts suppliers, etc. Asking for sponsors on a forum, is the least professional way to go about searching for them. Not to mention people don't like being hit up for money on a forum, for someone's personal benefit.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I thought you said you were a very established racer with a proven record? Now you are the "new kid"?

Maybe you should try asking your own employer first. A friend growing up was looking for scholarship money for college, and called this one company just to ask if they had a program. They ended up giving him $25,000 and all he had to do was ask for it. The company said nobody had ever asked so they just gave it all to him. Sorry to get all anecdotal but who knows, you should try it. It cant be worse than defensively asking a bunch of strangers on the internet to hand you money you have already admitted you do not need.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Drake, I'll ask my question again. Do you have a business plan? I also have another question, have you tried reaching out to companies individually? Oil companies like Amsoil, Modil 1, etc. Tire brands, wheel companies, parts suppliers, etc. Asking for sponsors on a forum, is the least professional way to go about searching for them. Not to mention people don't like being hit up for money on a forum, for someone's personal benefit.
There's no point in asking relevant questions to this guy. Gave him the same offer for his "charity". People who don't have legitimate businesses don't like questions.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I got money from friends who had influence with their companies marketing budgets. Thats it, nobody else would spare a penny.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought you said you were a very established racer with a proven record? Now you are the "new kid"?

Maybe you should try asking your own employer first. A friend growing up was looking for scholarship money for college, and called this one company just to ask if they had a program. They ended up giving him $25,000 and all he had to do was ask for it. The company said nobody had ever asked so they just gave it all to him. Sorry to get all anecdotal but who knows, you should try it. It cant be worse than defensively asking a bunch of strangers on the internet to hand you money you have already admitted you do not need.
I am an established racer with a proven record, I'm the "new kid" to Skip Barber. I've been working there for under 5 months.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts