Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a private jet from boca/delray/ft Lauderdale to Manta Ecuador Jan 9th-24th

What can I expect to pay, this will be my first time in a private jet.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Depends on the type of jet. A G550 will run you on avg. 8600USD per hour, whereas a Hawker 800 will be around 3500USD. Your best bet is to just phone a charter company and get a quote. Only way to really find out a solid price for sure.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Even though you may be busting an e-flex...

That's a non-stop for a light jet, which you could get at $2,500-ish hourly, for 4-5 passengers. If you actually need a flight, I can give you direct contact information.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. These guys go to central America but not all the way to EC.
All the sites I came across earlier had what I call a "mystery box" where you fill in all your info and they broker it out to 50 companies all while selling your info to spam and marketing companies. Figuring how this is how I get all my random free subscriptions to modern architect and high end magazines.

Looking at this option as normal flights are going to be almost 3k one way. Was thinking if it was only 25-50% more it would be worth it to see what a private jet is all about.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Can you get a second flight from Central America to Ecuador from XOjet?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The main push into this is to avoid the 6-20hr layovers in Columbia or in el Salvador then to Guayaquil with a 3hr drive to manta. Would really like to get a direct single shot right there and that is worth 2grand premium or 500/person. Any more than that id rather spend it on cigars and restaurants

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm honestly thinking that a good airliner will be your best bet. The logistics of this may be too much for your first flight. If you'd like, I can continue searching for charters, I'll call companies up if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Thanks for the link. These guys go to central America but not all the way to EC.
All the sites I came across earlier had what I call a "mystery box" where you fill in all your info and they broker it out to 50 companies all while selling your info to spam and marketing companies. Figuring how this is how I get all my random free subscriptions to modern architect and high end magazines.

Looking at this option as normal flights are going to be almost 3k one way. Was thinking if it was only 25-50% more it would be worth it to see what a private jet is all about.
The cost of that charter would probably push 6 figures round trip, so your best bet is to fly commercial.

Do you have concierge service on any of your Credit Cards? They should be able to arrange these things for you...

·
Registered
661 Posts
The cost of that charter would probably push 6 figures round trip, so your best bet is to fly commercial.

Do you have concierge service on any of your Credit Cards? They should be able to arrange these things for you...
The route he's looking at will take at least 10 hours on a commercial carrier, with at least 2 stops. I understand the hesitation. What I don't understand is what's so cool in Manta?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Fly business first class. It's like flying private, but you gotta deal with the noise from all those poor schmucks behind you. #fwp

Reactions: CaliforniaSupreme

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can possibly get consecutive seating with the people you're with, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts