Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

*Yea, yea, I know about the other Prius thread

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think other then the Toyota symbol up front, there is nothing from a Prius on that car. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Retains a hybrid drivetrain

All stock cars are basically the same, that's why they're "stock." It is just all the badges and paint that changes them. Still hate Prius's.
Am at a loss here, what exactly is the dislike/hate…surely you can articulate your thoughts/feelings beyond the word "Hate." It can't be that it's a Toyota, we all know Toyota produces fine products. Is it that it's a Hybrid? I don't see that argument since so many other car makers are on the Hybrid bandwagon including Porsche...I don't see hating on them.

GT300 Round 2 Results ‧ Fuji Speedway

1. BMW Z4 GT3
2. MC/RT-16
3. Aston Martin Vantage GT3
4. ARTA Garaiya
5. Audi R8 LMS-Ultra
6. Toyota Prius
7. Gallardo LP600 GT3
8. Porsche 911 GT3 R
9. Subaru BRZ GT30
10. AMG Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3
11. BMW Z4 GT3
12. VEMAC RD350R
13. Audi R8 LMS-Ultra
14. Gallardo RG-3
15. Audi R8-LMS
16. Audi R8-LMS
17. Ferrari F430 GTC
18. Nismo Nissan GT-R GT3

DNF:
Gallardo LP600 GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R
Gallardo RG-3
Porsche 911R GT3
Corvette Callaway Z06R GT3

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I hate them more than any other car for a few reasons. 1. They look like a cheese wedge 2. A large majority of people that purchase them in Southern California purchase them to be "eco cool" and the attitude comes with it...
Likewise here in NorCal....it's a 'Ooooo look at me I'm saving the environment! I can drive like a complete jackass and still be the awesomeness'

Meh.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The hate is that they are souless, boring, and the people that drive them are 9/10 stuck up eco maniac pricks. A Porsche that is hybrid is anything but souless....This isn't even a prius...it is a prius body with a N/A engine, not the electric motor that drives the ACTUAL production cars.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that in production?

^^They're not very pleasing to drive either
Have you actually driven one?

I hate them more than any other car for a few reasons. 1. They look like a cheese wedge 2. A large majority of people that purchase them in Southern California purchase them to be "eco cool" and the attitude comes with it...
I'll admit they are "wedge shaped." No comment on Southern Californians.

Likewise here in NorCal....it's a 'Ooooo look at me I'm saving the environment! I can drive like a complete jackass and still be the awesomeness'
No comment on Northern Californians.

The hate is that they are souless, boring, and the people that drive them are 9/10 stuck up eco maniac pricks. A Porsche that is hybrid is anything but souless....This isn't even a prius...it is a prius body with a N/A engine, not the electric motor that drives the ACTUAL production cars.
Again, have you actually driven one.

The way i'm reading these posts, the issue appears to be with the purchaser/driver and not so much the vehicle.
Here in Japan they have become popular with several tuners/suspension manufactures.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think most people hate Prius-drivers, because of the idea of them - most of them are condescending bastards, who stare at you and criticise you (and think they are better than you)... Prius is the only hybrid I dont like, mostly because of the looks and the other part.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think Prius is ok every day runaround car......I don't love them and I don't hate them ether, it's just good economy car that's all.

·
Banned
1,468 Posts
Let me be the first to tell you that the GT300 model Prius has 100% NOTHING to do with the production model other than the hybrid system which EVEN THAT has been heavily modified to endure race conditions.

I'm not hating or liking, just stating the facts. Yes I know what I'm talking about, look below.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The way i'm reading these posts, the issue appears to be with the purchaser/driver and not so much the vehicle.
Here in Japan they have become popular with several tuners/suspension manufactures.
That's pretty much the nail on the head. Its unfortunate but the purchaser of a vehicle goes a long way toward the general consensus of how it's thought of here. Even if it is only a minority of owners.

There are many JDM cars I am jealous of- Subaru Legacy STI and Legacy wagon to name two....but the Prius is not one of them.

As far as Northern California, I am genuinely interested in comments :lol:

....as long as they differ from SoCal comments :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Talked to a buddy about this the other day. He drives a red last generation Prius; I asked him point blank what he likes about the car. His response? "Well man, it's the image thing. I want to appear like I'm part of the solution."

Not making the assumption that all Prius drivers are like this, but his honesty was somewhat alarming.

As for me, I don't mind Priuses (Priuii?), I wouldn't choose to drive one but I think we are all marching towards the inevitable reality of electric/alternative fuel vehicles, anyway.

Side note: In my hometown in Tennessee, near the Nissan plant there are Leafs EVERYWHERE. I have yet to see but 1 here in Louisiana but they were all over when I went home last week. Quite progressive for a southern city.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have far to large a hatred of hybrid and electric vehicles to ever respect them. However I will say that the drive train being used in this vehicle is most likely being used as a test bed for Toyota's TS030 Le Mans prototype. The Body being a Prius is probably for marketing purposes and Honda has responded by entering a CR-Z Hybrid car as a competitor in the GT300 class. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken on anything.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Let me be the first to tell you that the GT300 model Prius has 100% NOTHING to do with the production model other than the hybrid system which EVEN THAT has been heavily modified to endure race conditions.

I'm not hating or liking, just stating the facts. Yes I know what I'm talking about, look below.
This.
That "prius" that you posted has about as much in common with a production prius as my iphone. It might use the same hybrid drivetrain technology, but the components are all different, the engine is different, the gearbox is different, the chassis is probably heavily modified to endure racing stresses, i bet the suspension is different, the steering components are different etc etc.

As for Prius's being bad cars. yes, they are god awful cars. have i driven one? yes i have. they are soul less, boring as shit, any diesel will get better / comparable fuel economy, and it also looks like shit.

Reactions: dotyy

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
besides being UGLY as all hell and primarily owned by douche-bag trendy enviro-hipsters...

i HAVE driven a couple prius quite a bit, and they are boring, crappy, dull, and dont offer anything other than an econo-box on wheels for people that want to save on gas.

none of the things that make that race-car competitive have anything to do with a real prius.

Reactions: dotyy
1 - 20 of 74 Posts