Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent enthusiast into the exotic car market. I own a Porsche 991 Turbo S and am excited to own a Ferarri F430 Scuderia. I am enamored by the vehicle (half visually) and mainly emotionally with a few track drives. The car is just so emotional. I have been looking on eBay and other venues. I'd love the opinions of what a good buying price for one that is < 2000 miles with varying options of which I am not sure which exist. Any existing owners can offer feedback?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
They are way down right now, mid to mid/high $100's. The 360CS in my opinion will always be worth more than the Scuds with equal amounts of time being passed.

I'll buy one this year, love Scuds.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
They are way down right now, mid to mid/high $100's. The 360CS in my opinion will always be worth more than the Scuds with equal amounts of time being passed.

Way down?? They've been holding steady for over 2 years now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Way down?? They've been holding steady for over 2 years now.
They were mid to low $200's early spring last year, now they are mid 100's, I'd say that's "way down". Scuds that is, not CS'.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
They were mid to low $200's early spring last year, now they are mid 100's, I'd say that's "way down". Scuds that is, not CS'.
Well maybe where you live.. in "Eternity".
This simply is not the case in the U.S. I bought mine in late Spring 2012, and sold late summer of 2013. Not to mention I was shopping for one a year prior to buying mine. My 09 in WHITE at that, was under $200k, and I sold it for nearly the same a year later. Scuds have not been mid $200's for a long time. They've been (09's anyways) 190- 199k on average for over 2 years now. That is for a relatively low mile car with good color combinations.
Otherwise, you must be talking about the 16M.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This is simply not true. No scuds are in the mid 100's.
As the above ad shows, an 08 Scud with near 10k miles on it is asking around $180k which is about right.
If one is looking for an 09 with under 5k miles, it'll be from 190-200k. If anything, Scuds are holding or going up slightly in value.
Rossa colors are most popular. White may be priced 5-10k more and black may be priced 5-10k less.

If you are searching for one, check the CF in the engine bay that it is not yellowing - this was a problem with earlier cars.
Other than that, the Scuds are extremely reliable and a blast to drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can people comment on the value of the 2009 Scuderia Spider 16M with only 499 units released. The price seems more to reside in the mid 200s. I'm wondering given the limited production quantity of this model if the value could hold or even increase over the years. Not sure if there is a comparable Ferrari that had a similar release / appeal and the value.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Can people comment on the value of the 2009 Scuderia Spider 16M with only 499 units released. The price seems more to reside in the mid 200s. I'm wondering given the limited production quantity of this model if the value could hold or even increase over the years. Not sure if there is a comparable Ferrari that had a similar release / appeal and the value.
I have a 16M and will hold on to it for a long time. It is a phenomenal car and extremely fast for its time and the F1 Superfast 60ms tranny is revolutionary for its time. IMO it is one of the last visceral cars Ferrari has made before switching to serious electronic nannies (DCT, future turbo models, etc.)

You are correct in that in the long run this model will likely appreciate. This is akin to the CS's which were around $140k a year ago and some are now asking $170k. These are now becoming collector cars.

The 16M's are teetering at this point in time and with limited production cars such as these you will find prices all over the map. Basically now they range from $230k to $280k. They are very mileage sensitive, though I love to drive mine.
These will be collector cars in the future but it will take many more years.
Seems it takes around 10 years to see values go up in modern day cars. The CS is showing this now. I have an 05 CGT and this is also showing a turn towards appreciation. I guess I'll have to hold on to my 16M for 5 more years :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for the thorough response. I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Good luck finding a Scud in the mid 100's. If you do, it will be a storied car for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts