Luxury4Play.com banner

Presidential Details : Presents Barry Theal and 2007 Porsche GT3, Migliore Treatment

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DetailDave 
#1 ·

Pres·i·den·tial (prz-dnshl)

adj. Of or relating to a president or presidency

De·tails (d-tls, dtls)

1.To provide with artistic or decorative detail:

2.With attention to particulars; thoroughly or meticulously

Mission Statement:

To provide a quality result that satisfies our clients’ needs and expectations the first time, every time!

Our goal is to satisfy clients’ needs, whether it be through timely delivery; providing the best value for the money; efficient and courteous service; or superior quality, reliability and durability of our products. As such, we have committed ourselves to the following:

1. Understanding and responding to our customers’ needs and expectations.

2. Improving the Methods of practice to generate continuing quality and productivity improvements.

3. Establishing long term relationships with our clients.

4. Constantly improving on all of the above.

Presidential Details is proud to show the recent detail provided by Barry Theal. Today we present a 2007 Porsche GT3. This Jet Black Porsche was simply one of the most stunning vehicles Presidential Details had a chance to work on. From its stylish curves to elegant interior this sport scar screams fast.

The car arrived in excellent shape. This car is very well kept. After discussing several products with owner on the phone we were convinced that this car deserves the Presidential Details. Migliore Treatment. During the course of the detail., We provided a complete decontamination, 4 stage compounding and polishing process, along with an interior treatment. The car received a complete reconditioning. Everything was finished down with Products from MiglioreWax.com. Our goal was to protect and preserve the vehicles finish. Following the traditional Standards of Presidential Details, this car now has been completely refined to the Presidential Details Standard.

Onto the process:

Here are some arrival pictures.

Just a few bugs on the front, Funny thing is with a car like you have to remember, Speed never kills anyone it’s the sudden impact is what does the damage. This photo is proof. LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
Upon my first inspection and talking with the owner about his wash habits and such. I found he fully understands all area’s of detailing and maintains the car personally himself. I must admit he does a great job at it. The wheels were very clean and the paint as well. This saved a lot of time during the decontamination phase. Thanks to the owner. I first started with a pressure washing on just water to try and remove any loose debris. All the wheels and arches were hit first. The I started from the top of the car and pressure washed everything down.

Then the car received a foam bath. This broke everything down that the water pre-rinse didn’t.

During the foam bath I agitated the inner wheel barrels, and arches. The tires were also lightly scrubbed as well.

Once everything was rinsed off I turned to the heart and soul of this finely tuned machine and cleaned up the motor with Autoglym’s Engine and parts cleaner. All area’s were sprayed agitated then rinsed.

Once finished I moved the car forward enough to rotate the wheels 180 degree’s. This allows you to get the rest of the other half of the inner wheels. During this I also agitated some area’s with a micro fiber brush.

Once the car was rinsed and decontaminated I blot dryed the car.

Then used compressed air to remove water from all the cracks and crevices.

Now it was time to move onto the paint, First I started to tape everything off. There was a lot of clear film on this one. I used 3m fine line tape to mask the edges of the clear film for safety Any area’s that could be harmed by the compounding and polishing were also taped off to prevent damage.

Next the owner asked to have a portion of the clear film removed that was on the Gas Cap. SO to do this, I​

#3 ·
first heated the clear film. Using a heat gun to do this will allow for the glue to soften and no residue will left behind.

Now its important when doing this that you pull towards yourself. While doing this I kept the heat gun on low to keep the adhesive soft.

Here is a picture to show you it came off with all adhesive on it. No glue was left on the paint at all.

Next the entire car was clayed to remove all the contaminants that were embedded into the paint. I used a fine grade clay for this.

Once the claybar treatment was finished I gave the car a IPA wipedown to ensure the paint was squeaky clean.

I then used a Paint Thickness Gauge to measure the paint prior to correction.

Now I was ready to perfor m the paint correction process. This included for steps to ensure all paint was leveled, refined, enhanced, and then a final massaging for gloss. After every pass an IPA wipedown was performed.

Here is the paint in its condition prior to correction.

The process began.

The results after a few hours of polishing.

Next I turned to the Migliore treatment. This is a personal treatment provided by Barry Theal. Migliore​

#4 ·
Competizone was laid down on the paint. Competizione is Migliore's flagstaff luxury wax. Competizione contains nearly 50% carnauba wax per jar as well as many exotic natural oils. Competizione has achieved our high standards for a true luxury wax blend. Competizione will leave your paint with an incredibly deep reflection that lasts 2-3 months. The sheen left behind was just amazing on this black paint.

Here I am applying it.

At this point, the first layer of the was removed and it was all but 1:30 in the am I had been working on the paint for over twelve hours and decided to call it a night.

The next morning I came out and gave it a good washing then and drying and John came over to finish the interior as I finished with the rest of the exterior treatment.

The motor was dressed with Migliore Brilliant Trim Protectant. One of the things I love about this stuff is that it can be used anywhere. I would compare it to 303 Aerospace Protectant, but with more of a natural matte look. One bottle has lasted me for ever so far.

Next I started on the wheels. The wheels were polished with M205 followed by Migliore’s Wheel Seal. This is a great product if you have high brake dusting or a track car. I have been putting this on all my clients cars lately. Easy on and easy off for a paste.

Then I used Migliore’s Bella Lustre Tire Dressing for a nice matte natural look that doesn’t sling.

#6 ·

I personally don’t like sun shots in my photos. So I thought I would put them in video Here is a nice video of some good sun movement! Enjoy. I tried to cover the whole car so you can look at the beast.

To sum it up I loved this car. It was a pleasure to work on . It was nice to be back in my shop. I have missed it with the last jobs being mobile. As always thanks for you time and support! God Bless. :2thumbs:

Barry Theal
Presidential Details.​

#9 ·
beautiful car, great job. looks awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.