Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that Rolex is extremely good at keeping their yearly Basel releases top secret until the actual day of release... we also know they are quite good at surprising the Rolex aficionados with some unexpected releases (for me - Sky-Dweller, platinum Daytona, YM2, etc.). Hard to guess what they will be releasing this year, but the people at Monochrome have come up with some mockups of what they would like to see this year at Basel.

My two personal favorites are the stainless steel Daytona with the black ceramic bezel and the Pepsi GMT. I don't think the Pepsi GMT will happen this year since the BLRN was just released last year. I also don't think they will ever release a Sky-Dweller in stainless steel, but you can always dream.

What is your favorite mockup (if any) and what do you think Rolex has in store for us this year?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Definitely my favorite maker, but I don't expect anything exceptional this year. I don't know that the stainless Sky-Dweller would go over very well, maybe 50/50 with the Rolex crowd, as it's a more complicated movement being offered in SS. Then again, Rolex did well in '13, so offering the model in a cheaper alternative may be what's in their sights. I'm expecting different case-sizing, and I do think the Pepsi ceramic will happen. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'd like to see the pepsi ceramic and the SS-Skydweller. Not that I can afford either right now :lol: but it would add something else to the list of future pieces.

Reactions: Low Key

·
Registered
444 Posts
SS Sky-Dweller :thumbup:

Reactions: LaEnana

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I never really wanted a Rolex until recently. I have a serious one my father left me, but it sits in a SDB - it's just not my style. However, the white dial Explorer II and the Pepsi GMT are watches I'd wear.

So, if you're the person whom I want to read this - Pepsi GMT then W. Explorer II.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you seen this? Apparently there will definitely be a Moonphase Rolex presented at the Basel World, should look like this. I actually like it, what do you think?
moondweller.jpg

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Have you seen this? Apparently there will definitely be a Moonphase Rolex presented at the Basel World, should look like this. I actually like it, what do you think?
View attachment 122186
Those are kinda too busy for me hehe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Who really gives a shit what Rolex does, seems like an old mans investment / pretentious fashion statement to me. However that is just me and I am known to be a realist smart ass.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Who really gives a shit what Rolex does, seems like an old mans investment / pretentious fashion statement to me. However that is just me and I am known to be a realist smart ass.
I find that people with such an attitude usually can't afford one to pass judgment on, even if they wanted to. That just me, though. I'm a bit of a realist smart ass.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts