Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a pic on IG of a blue Hennessey CTS-V on the rally, with #700hp hashtag and his license plate even says V700. I'm not a fan of people posing, saying you've got a Hennessey, or 700hp, or just adding a V to your V6 CTS is just not cool in my book. I was fooled on IG for a while too until I stumbled across this eBay posting of the car 2009 Cadillac cts cts V Sedan 4 Door 3 6L | eBay Maybe he ended up putting a V8 in it, maybe he sold that car and then turned an actual CTS-V into the same car, but the front brakes are still about 5" too small to be a V.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Apparently it has a new 3.6 v6 in it and with just an exhaust and CAI the guy was able to bump the HP up from 300 to 400... haha

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. Who's IG? Gold Rush's?
No, his own but he's in the rally. He has a GoldRush Rally wrap, and he used #goldrushrally

And he's most likely getting the best gas mileage on the rally.
This is for sure true!

Apparently it has a new 3.6 v6 in it and with just an exhaust and CAI the guy was able to bump the HP up from 300 to 400... haha
I'm guessing the Hennessey stickers account for at least 50hp

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
the IG profile is SAEID3. it looks like a modded cts v, but i agree, the brakes are wrong. the V has larger brakes up front and the calliper is on the back of the brake, and not the front.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The two funniest things are that with all the money he spent he could've bought a used V and that he thinks a cai and exhaust give him 400rwhp lmao.

Still not a bad looking car but I doubt it's the same guy, def the same car though. Who dishes out $13,000 for GR but can't buy a used LSx?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've always thought it looked great, I followed him and even asked a few questions about the exhaust because of guys including myself on the V forums being interested in a quad-tip bimodal exhaust setup. Then I got pissed when I saw the ebay ad.

·
Premium Member
21,656 Posts
The Fiat is probably Dirk from Supercarfocus.

Reactions: pip

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why would the CN guys bring the Fiat over the 458?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
owner sounds like the sort of guy who would buy a 3 series BMW and then proceed to stick M3 badges on it :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't seen any more pics of him on the rally, maybe he just put the vinyl on to park next to everyone pretending to be on the rally?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Haven't seen any more pics of him on the rally, maybe he just put the vinyl on to park next to everyone pretending to be on the rally?
I haven't seen any more either but the GR IG seems to only post the same few cars all the time. I doubt Protective Film Solutions would put the GR6 livery on his car without him being on the rally.

Are those ADV wheels? Thing doesn't look quite like a V anyways with those brakes.
Niche wheels, basically ADV1, and we've already determined it's a V6, he said so in the for sale ad. This is a new owner though, not sure whether he actually believes it's V700 or not, he tags all his pics with #V700 and #700hp though...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Niche wheels, basically ADV1, and we've already determined it's a V6, he said so in the for sale ad. This is a new owner though, not sure whether he actually believes it's V700 or not, he tags all his pics with #V700 and #700hp though...
Pretty sure it's the same owner and he never sold it

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
I took my GSX-R on GR4, pretty sure I was getting the best gas milage....

Me around the minute mark.

Oh and I don't know anything about the guy with the Caddy. Curious though!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts