Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright so im steel in college, and im looking to make some cash on the side, im looking at hand manufacturing high quality leather gloves and wallets, aswell as silk scarves, and im curious to know what are people's thought on this, would you be interested in such products etc. any info/help for be appreciated....it's all talk now hence the reason why im reaching out to you..

kind regards 24CARAT

·
5,744 Posts
Do you have experience in producing such pieces? Do you plan to sell online? Brick and mortar? Where do you plan to source your raw materials from?

To me, it seems like a saturated market, and most consumers who are looking to buy such things, are attracted to big name brands. And the market itself doesn't seem like it would lend well to an individual producer who would just be selling one or two items.

-Markus-

·
Registered
584 Posts
allright so im steel in college, and im looking to make some cash on the side, im looking at hand manufacturing high quality leather gloves and wallets, aswell as silk scarves, and im curious to know what are people's thought on this, would you be interested in such products etc. any info/help for be appreciated....it's all talk now hence the reason why im reaching out to you..

kind regards 24CARAT
items like this need a heritage and something that not easily 'clap your hand and its done', but I would say you might had a chance if you try to sell something that really catch people's attention

I'm personally interested

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have experience in producing such pieces? Do you plan to sell online? Brick and mortar? Where do you plan to source your raw materials from?

To me, it seems like a saturated market, and most consumers who are looking to buy such things, are attracted to big name brands. And the market itself doesn't seem like it would lend well to an individual producer who would just be selling one or two items.

-Markus-

you have a good and valid point although everything starts somewhere....

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Your questions lately have been a little off the wall. What skills do you bring to the table? Do you know how to make these items. What will set you apart from hundreds if not thousands of other brands out there. Most importantly how do u plan on promoting and selling these? Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to Greg a job while attending college like the rest of the free world?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts

-Markus-
I do agree with you on the majority of consumers but I am one whom ventures into random stores and buys something from a brand I have never heard of before. I bought a scarf a year back from Italian Fashion house ETRO. Never heard of them before until I passed the shop at Caesars Palace last April and went in and bought one. I go for material, then design. If he plans on using italian silk, I may seek interest and claim a one off piece and gloat to my friends..... hehe

·
Registered
192 Posts
Your questions lately have been a little off the wall. What skills do you bring to the table? Do you know how to make these items. What will set you apart from hundreds if not thousands of other brands out there. Most importantly how do u plan on promoting and selling these? Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to Greg a job while attending college like the rest of the free world?
I agree. I think you are being very ambitious. Your project sounds like it is more of Etsy type store. Small hand crafted leather goods by a local guy. Check out Etsy and you'll see TONS of similar products.

I'm not trying to discourage you. It just seems like these days, even fine leather goods need to be marketed well in order for the brand to really take off. Also, for premium dollars, I hope your stitching skills are amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts