Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
do you have to lay down some type of primer when you put those down? I've done it on complex interior pieces (3m di-noc carbon fiber) and you (don't) have to put primer down to keep it sticking around complex corners. I'm giving some thought to trying the roof of my CTS-V, and am curios as to if there is something particular about the exterior of the car you have to do to keep it there for years to come?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
looking good reminds me of the look of the mercedes with the dark roof (i think its the big sunroof)

·
Bronze Sponsor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We always use primer in deep recessed areas. We had to custom finish this by marking a line using knifeless tape on the roof and then releasing that tape to get a nice finish on the edges of the material. The added touch to this was to put the 3M Scotchprint 1080 brushed metal on the rear window to keep the continuity of the roof wrap flowing into the back window.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We always use primer in deep recessed areas. We had to custom finish this by marking a line using knifeless tape on the roof and then releasing that tape to get a nice finish on the edges of the material. The added touch to this was to put the 3M Scotchprint 1080 brushed metal on the rear window to keep the continuity of the roof wrap flowing into the back window.
Ahh just noticed the rear glass. THAT is what you want, something that looks stock to the average eye. Awesome job.

·
THE ONLY MAN THAT CAN™
23,169 Posts
Well done. Love the look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts