Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Those are numbers from 2009 not including the actual CGT

$426,000 Starting price for:

670 hp with 465 lb-ft of torque
0 to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds, 0 to 124 mph in 9.7 seconds (that equates to 0 to Going To Jail in about 6.8 seconds in most states)
Top speed of 208 mph
Hydraulic height-adjustable coilover kit to improve handling as well as protect the car when going over large bumps
http://www.porscheperfect.com/2009/08/13/porsche-gemballa-mirage-gt-carbon-edition/

From another source as well

All of this comes with a pretty steep price, though. The kit starts at €298,000 (approximately $426,000), with the customer required to supply their own Porsche Carrera GT.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I just don't believe those are the actual numbers even tho I heard 400k before... When I ask a reliable source I will post the actual number, 425k seems too crazy to be true.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ I found several other sites confirming it, some were also starting at €230k. Not sure though how the passing of Mr Gemballa affected the overall pricing policy and if the matte blue one presented in Monaca has the same kit as the old one. But I'm sure you'll get a used one for way less.
In Sweden you can get a CGT pre-owned for 450.000 USD$

·
Registered
877 Posts
^ I found several other sites confirming it, some were also starting at €230k. Not sure though how the passing of Mr Gemballa affected the overall pricing policy and if the matte blue one presented in Monaca has the same kit as the old one. But I'm sure you'll get a used one for way less.
The fact that you destroy the originality of the car when modded let the collectors value drop.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
That's why the Mirage GT is the most expensive one on various sites, right?
Haha. You have to understand something buddy, 8 or 9 out of 10 people don't understand why someone puts even wheels or an exhaust on a exotic/super car... Let alone change every body panel and interior piece and than some to the drivetrain...

This is why I do that. I will NEVER drive a stock exotic/super car because I for one don't agree with the engineers and techs at Lambo/Ferrari/Porsche on the WHOLE car. I like to take their platform and add my .02 cents onto it because Im an actual car enthusiast that enjoys everything my car can offer and than some!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I agree with you bro, don't worry. I was just being sarcastic about the comment, as all of the most expensive Carrera GTs listed in Germany happen to be Mirage GTs..
So. When can we expect your beast then? :)

·
Registered
2,641 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Unfortunately I never got any thread worthy pictures to post (compared to the ones from Kuester), but I really wish I could post the feeling you get when you are in one of these on a track. Totally indescribable. The sound is probably my favorite thing, and its scary fast.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts