Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
i believe the take-off but the "600hp" car should have started gaining some ground on the top-end... impressive for the PDK nonetheless - fast but boring as hell

- chuck

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If the car is "boring" you're not driving it hard enough. I'd be willing to bet everyone who says the car isn't exciting is driving it no where near 9/10'ths of the cars potential.

Just my opinion...

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
If the car is "boring" you're not driving it hard enough. I'd be willing to bet everyone who says the car isn't exciting is driving it no where near 9/10'ths of the cars potential.

Just my opinion...
i'm sure it's exciting - but it would be that much more exciting w/ a stick - .5 seconds in the 1/4 mile doesn't mean as much to me as the engagement factor of a stick for driving around.

track only? i can see your point.

anyways, i'm obviously a dying breed as Porsche is one of the few performance cars left w/ a stick - but the PDK's better performance will probably relegate it to the heap soon enough.

- chuck

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'm with you 100%. Driving a manual transmission is a TON more fun than the PDK's, e-gears and F1's of the world. So much can be said about the enjoyment of rowing up and down through the gears. However out of all of them the PDK, again just my opinion, is the BEST and most fun of the bunch. Drama free launches, perfect rev matching, and flawless shifting. Can't do much better. Though, I am curious about the new transmission from Lamborghini. Seems interesting.

·
Registered
522 Posts
unfortunately sticks are on the way out for porsche too... aka 918 spyder.. i hope they atleast go to real sequential and throw that in GT street cars . but probably not..

·
BORN 2 WIN™
1,962 Posts
A massive HP 997.2 TurboS with rebuilt PDK will be GAME OVER!!

but i gotta say the new transmission in the LP570 is veryy on point.

and of course what do you expect, the Ferrari F1 ranks last.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i believe the take-off but the "600hp" car should have started gaining some ground on the top-end... impressive for the PDK nonetheless - fast but boring as hell

- chuck
Yeah that would be true but they only went up to 120mph not nearly enough time to clsoe in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts