Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello L4P community,

Just wanted to let you all in on a 914 build to remember. I know this forum is used to newer Porsches, but hopefully there is some love out there for the classics.

This car was initially thought out on a napkin sketch, and has slowly been coming to life. The idea behind this project is simple, how would Porsche go about creating a 914 cup car today? Well, hopefully when the build is done, it'll meet our racing derived expectations that only a manufacturer like Porsche could (re) produce. Completion date is for SEMA '14 in November.

Brief Technical Specs (will list more as the build progresses):
-1974 Porsche 914 fully assembled by MSDSinc.

-Cayenne V8 TT 5.0 litre, derived from 2010 Daytona Prototype engineering, built by Lozano Brothers Porting (1xxx / 1xxx whp)

-Porsche 996 GT2 Transmission, built by California Motorsports

Some of you may ask why, we asked why not?

Enjoy,

Matthew Schneider
MSDS Inc. -Â* HIGH QUALITY HIGH PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES

This is the condition that we bought her in,

Don't know why I started cleaning this, it'll be replaced with new sheet metal fit for the Cayenne TT engine

Custom racing seat!

The 996 GT2 Transmission fully built by California Motorsport (CMS) for our 1000/1100 whp needs.

All about the details!

Sheridan wide body kit

Carrera GT Exhaust Tips!!!

The heart of the beast when it was first received

What the engine will 99.9% look like when finished, and yes this is the 2010 Daytona Prototype (and Cayenne V8 all motor) winning car that you were just trying to remember.

Messing around with some ideas, just pretend you see a roof :D

lunch time at the shop

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the clear tail lights that came in from Auto Atlanta. They'll fit right in for that modern look we're going for.

Cutting out the trunk floor pans

Removing the rear view mirror from the windshield, boy was that fun....NOT!

Removing the wire harness

And completely out! Pictures don't show the work it took to get this all out in one piece justice. PM me if you're interested in this.

Here you can see the 35+ years of Germany's finest glue coming off the aluminum trim from the A pillar. Also, if anyone is looking for near perfect 914 aluminum trim pieces PM me.

Several engine pics just in from Lozano Brothers Porting. Here you can see the cylinder head porting they have done.

Here is the oil pump being fit, notice no oil pan as it is currently being CNC'd for bottom clearance.

Oil Pump side view, and no you're not trippin' out, the picture is upside down to show the engine right side up.

Here is the block with the iron sleeves fitted

This is the carbon fiber dash that will bring that race car elegance to our project, can't wait till it's finished!

The quality and craftsmanship that went into this Carbon Fiber dash piece is bar none the best.

I think it'll look great with the black alcantara I got to cover the dash with for that exotic race feel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the bulbs for the tail lights:
Over 120 LEDs per bulb! (excluding the smaller ones of course)

This is the Haltech Platinum Series Sport 2000. This ECU is a complete a la carte set up.

Everything that came in was perfectly packaged.

Not to mention everything is already pre - labeled!

GPS Certified MPH / KPH

The Haltech IQ3 Logging Dash w/ SD Card for saving everything.

Forgeline Motorsports set us up with a set of their GT Style Centerlock Long Nose adapters. They are Carrera GT inspired, red per the driver side, blue per the passenger side.

For your reference: (apologies for the grainy cell phone picks)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/gh7u.jpg/

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are the HID headlight units from Hella. These little guys are very bright for those day into night Porsche Owners Club Tribute to LeMans races. The quality of these Hella units is hella good, haha. We'll also be incorporating 2, 10'' LED light bars, one on each side for even brighter lighting conditions (more pics of this later).

To an extent just as an example for reference, this is what the headlights will look like within the fenders, albeit much cleaner etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks really interesting, definitely going to have to follow this one.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fantastic work! Regardless of age anyone on a car enthusiast forum can appreciate a well detailed and quality build!

You should nickname this thing the Phoenix!

·
Registered
67 Posts
This was awesome because of all the progress you've made already. I hate build threads that take 3yrs to complete. This looks like it will start forming really soon. Amazing project!

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
cray cray!!

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Wow. Definitely following this one. What an incredible build so far!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You can not be a car enthusiast and not want to see the outcome of this build. I'm in!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts