Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what the reason is... there is no logical explanation for this:

Dodge Viper - YouTube

And in the comments it says that he has 4 more to go! 4 more vipers? 4 more cars?

Honestly this is a huge waste of resources. The car could have been auctioned off and money given to charity, parted out if it was beyond repair... plenty of good parts that could bring money in.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That "art" on the hood was the first Travesty that Viper was given.

Usually this kind of thing happens when the owner was caught at high rates of speed.
They tend to squish the car, this one was made a example of though for sure.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Why ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those of you wondering why...here is a link. Basically Dodge donated a ton of Vipers to schools for educational purposes (I wish I went to one of those schools!). The cars were pre-production and not street legal, but some people at a few of the schools decided to drive them on the street. That probably would have been fine, but two of them got into crashes, which is now causing FIAT millions of dollars. So, in order to protect themselves from more lawsuits, FIAT is ordering the destruction of them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Is that why the other one is getting Squished that is all over the news?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Another link here... click

·
Registered
7 Posts
Similar to what THE_WATCHER said, I believe because the cars were donated as educational purposes they are taken apart, rebuilt, taken apart again, etc multiple times by inexperienced workers in order to learn. As a result, parts are damages, nuts and bolts are all stripped, or parts even missing altogether. The quality control necessary on the cars would cause too much liability, inconvenience, and money in order to make keeping them feasible and safe.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
As per Chrysler there are no law suits. I think they have to destroy it because the cars were donated to educational institutions. Dodge used it as a tax deduction ... so they can not sell them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
At least they were enjoyed until the last minutes of their existence, that guy filming was having as much fun as Pee-wee Herman in Bangkok

1 - 18 of 18 Posts