Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking with a fellow forum member, I figured I'd post this genius recipe.

What you'll need:

- 2 packs of ramen noodles, shrimp flavor
- Shrimp (frozen cocktail or fresh... doesn't matter as long as you de-tail them)
- Fresh cut lime
- Bell peppers (assorted colors)
- Green onions
- Chili powder (optional)

1) Begin by heating up some water in a fairly large pot and put your ramen noodles in the pot. Go ahead and toss your shrimp in there with it so they can get warmed up, too.

2) Chop up your green onions and bell peppers.

3) Sautee your bell peppers until they're tender, but still have a slight bit of crunch (for texture).

4) Once your noodles are tender and the shrimp are warm, strain the noodles.

5) Proceed to mix in 1/2 of ONE shrimp flavor packet that came with the ramen noodles. You can add more, but I like the flavor subtle. Oh... there's also the benefit of reduced sodium.

6) Mix in your green onions and bell peppers.

7) Spritz with your freshly sliced lime.

OPTIONAL: Add a dash of chili powder if you'd like a chili-lime flavor.

Serve that and people will think you're some kind of fancy cook. In all reality, that meal may have cost you $10. I've actually prepared this for lady friends on a few occasions. I time it so they arrive just as I'm straining the noodles ("Hey... call me when you're about 10 minutes away!"). To ensure they think it's completely legit, I put the shrimp flavoring seasoning in a measuring tsp. or tbsp. so she has no idea what it really is.

·
14,490 Posts
mmm ramen nooodles.

Brb going to go make some now.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do this with pasta instead and it won't be a "poor man's" meal anymore, but will cost and taste about the same. And won't have 3 day's worth of sodium.
The majority of the sodium comes from the seasoning packets, which is why I don't use a whole lot.

I think the biggest benefit is the fact it would be easier to digest. Have you seen the video of the cheap ramen noodles digesting? They remained in the stomach for a loooooooooong time.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yet I still eat them.

Reactions: LaneChange

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds pretty damn good!

My go to is a rare steak with blue cheese, asparagus and an avacado raw with some seasoning. Paired with an ice cold beer of course ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts