Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and came up with nothing so I decided to start a pocket watch thread. I'm sure that some of you have some interesting pieces out there.

Here's mine. It's a Molnjia (Lightning bolt in Russian). The approximate manufactured date is 1931 from what I was told. It survived WWII in my great grandfathers pocket as he was a soldier.

It's got a Rolex movement and still works like new. I'll take some more pics of it when I have a chance.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have one in my collection, my uncle gave it to me when I visited him in Poland. I gotta find it. Its in one of my watch boxes, but i cant dig through it all.

Although here is a great picture of me.. drunk on my birthday. using it...

·
10,594 Posts
Looks good Pan. Been meaning to pick one up. Hard to find mid-priced new pocket watches. Seems like most of the best ones are all vintage.

·
10,594 Posts
Good example. Not many better than Ball for a pocketwatch. Not sure if you can get classier than a pocket watch.

Only 11 Mill for this Patek Supercomplication

Patek.jpg

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I used to have an elgin like this one when i was younger. I got it in an estate sale in a tool box full of old tools. I used to collect tools. I live about 10 miles not even from the old factory, so its pretty common to get these in estate sales.

but this is what it looked like

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I am a lover of pocket and rail watches.

I've only got a couple, but I love them.
Here is my most recent purchase...a Hamilton rail

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ I was just about to post this one!

I've been too busy to take a picture of the movement so I just stole some pictures of the interwebs.

Here's the movement in the watch posted above:

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I love RM but I'm not a huge fan of their "pocket watch".

I'm bored, maybe I'll charge up my camera and take some shots. Though getting them online would be impossible til the net comes back up (eff you AGAIN Comcast)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love RM but I'm not a huge fan of their "pocket watch".

I'm bored, maybe I'll charge up my camera and take some shots. Though getting them online would be impossible til the net comes back up (eff you AGAIN Comcast)
Staying tuned :bow1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts