Luxury4Play.com banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
again, funded survey stalwarts in autodom show clearly that LR is not competing well against its peers along the dependability/reliability fronts. period.

even if we didn't have such entities, don't you guys think it's pretty circumspect that in such a small sampling of people (car enthusiast forums) we seem to come up with very similar issues? check out the rangeroversport site. repeat issues, again and again on a 1-2 year old MY car, and again and again small sampling of users.

people who join these forums don't come on here to simply vent about issues... they typically sign up because they are fans of the brand and want to relate their experiences, both good and bad, with like minded individuals. this isn't LR service center so i don't buy the people report only the negative here. nonsense.

and that's a beautiful thing. we have easily more positive threads than negative and it's OK to tell others that while our range rovers aren't the most reliable pieces of kit in the suv world (they're clearly not), the alternative modes of transport fall short in two very key areas:

-makes us look good (brand; style)
-therefore makes us feel good (we earn our meals)

you guys are VAIN mofos. :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
did someone say that people only report negative? i merely related the instance of unhappy customers no matter what the brand are always more vocal than happy customers. i do agree with your points but i also firmly believe these same instances are consistent throughout the auto world.

·
Registered
651 Posts
look dude, the proof is in the pudding. LR is NOT known for their reliability and based on my read both anecdotal and researched backed by $$$s, it's confirmed.

and do you really think we're the vocal, unhappy minority to participate in an LR forum with cars we just bought? c'mon dude. you're smarter than this?

we're all fans of the brand yet those who are smart know it's OK to admit fault.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think its just a case of when people "hear" things and then take it to heart without any personal research or experience. Every car manufacture has its issues with every model, visit any other car forum on the web and you will see, and hear the same type of stories. I can tell you I for one am glad i didn't listen to all the people with complaints, I love my 2011 RRS and it has presented me with zero problems. Being an business owner I can also tell you that you only hear from the people that are unhappy, which usually account for less than 1% of customer volume, and never hear from happy customers so keep this in mind next time you ask for or listen to an opinion on any product.
Well put, you said it better than I. Thanks

:

-makes us look good (brand; style)
-therefore makes us feel good (we earn our meals)

you guys are VAIN mofos. :D
I think this comes across way more vain then any of the other comments flying around. I bought my truck for NONE of these reasons...

There are 2 people with complaints right now in this thread, there are more that have none. If we look at this small sampling, it would appear you and JD are incorrect :D

I know you referenced RR.net, but as someone else pointed out, journey to another brand specific forum and most have their fare share of problem threads as well.

My point in all of this is if we want to discuss RR issues, few or frequent, the random comment from a non-owner (past\present) is really of little value. Not that we are superior to non-owners by any means. I was just hoping this thread would be of more use than a way for people to take pokes at RR reliability.

·
Registered
651 Posts
This coming from a dude with the bright blue car with the matching toenails doesn't care about looking good? U aint foolin nobody dude! Lololol. Cmon man u gotta be more honest with us else u just look hella confused!

This thread is highly useful because it is real testimony. Where else would people readily share faults of a car they just bought? With scans of service records no less

Look at the thread subject v making this into a stand up for a brand that doesn't even sponsor u. We pay LR. We should hold em accountable. Make em more reliable!

·
Registered
774 Posts
This coming from a dude with the bright blue car with the matching toenails doesn't care about looking good? U aint foolin nobody dude! Lololol. Cmon man u gotta be more honest with us else u just look hella confused!

This thread is highly useful because it is real testimony. Where else would people readily share faults of a car they just bought? With scans of service records no less

Look at the thread subject v making this into a stand up for a brand that doesn't even sponsor u. We pay LR. We should hold em accountable. Make em more reliable!
Theres a big difference between making YOU look good, and the truck itself looking good. I don't buy my cars to make myself look good, you're the one who is confused. If you need your vehicle to make yourself look good, you're doing something wrong.

You're missing the point dude, this thread is far enough off topic, back to discussing real problems with the RRS.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Theres a big difference between making YOU look good, and the truck itself looking good. I don't buy my cars to make myself look good, you're the one who is confused. If you need your vehicle to make yourself look good, you're doing something wrong.

You're missing the point dude, this thread is far enough off topic, back to discussing real problems with the RRS.
No YOU sidetracked it by parking the bus and with some level of vitriol interjecting how some other members' input are less valid than yours just because you've owned one or two or umpteen range rovers. No offense but a wee bit standoffish if u ask me. All I'm doing is being absolutely candid about my experience as is the OP cuz this is way more valuable than reading copy off the official rr website.

And u do realize we are posting in a lifestyle forum with a name that alludes to sexual activity right? And yet ur coming in here telling us u bought a topshelf bright blue truck with bright blue mods with nice bright pics living under the bright chitown lights to roll around town surreptitiously?

That's like ur boy dtrump saying he married ivanka and marla for their unyielding compassion for starving children around the world.

I just want my vision camera fixed ya pos

·
Registered
774 Posts
No YOU sidetracked it by parking the bus and with some level of vitriol interjecting how some other members' input are less valid than yours just because you've owned one or two or umpteen range rovers. No offense but a wee bit standoffish if u ask me. All I'm doing is being absolutely candid about my experience as is the OP cuz this is way more valuable than reading copy off the official rr website.

And u do realize we are posting in a lifestyle forum with a name that alludes to sexual activity right? And yet ur coming in here telling us u bought a topshelf bright blue truck with bright blue mods with nice bright pics living under the bright chitown lights to roll around town surreptitiously?

That's like ur boy dtrump saying he married ivanka and marla for their unyielding compassion for starving children around the world.

I just want my vision camera fixed ya pos
You are right I added to the sidetracking, I will not deny that. I'm trying to get off of it, but you obviously need to continue to run off at the mouth. If you feel the need to discuss this further you can PM me.

You have now insulted me personally a few times, and it's out of line. I've been around here a bit longer than you, I think I know what this forum is about...and it's not about you getting the last word in, so get off your soap box already. No need to being call names...but IDK, coming from someone who needs their car to make themselves look good, these comments are probably the norm, I hope it makes you look good or feel good at least.

Please spare the L4Pers your dribble, if you still have issue, PM me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ya pos was directed towards my land rover

If u feel insulted sorry bud I will readjust the sensitivity level as I got no beef with anyone here. Others can read our exchange and decide for themselves who's being real and who's kidding themselves.

I don't like private messaging dudes btw not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

p.s. have you guys seen this latest TSB? when you take your 2010/11 in, they WILL perform this fix for the "console cupholder slider adrift" cuz they used some type of bad glue that doesn't work well in the heat. LOLz you just gotta laugh.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ya pos was directed towards my land rover

If u feel insulted sorry bud I will readjust the sensitivity level as I got no beef with anyone here. Others can read our exchange and decide for themselves who's being real and who's kidding themselves.

I don't like private messaging dudes btw not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

p.s. have you guys seen this latest TSB? when you take your 2010/11 in, they WILL perform this fix for the "console cupholder slider adrift" cuz they used some type of bad glue that doesn't work well in the heat. LOLz you just gotta laugh.
Thanks for the clarification on that...reads a little better now.

"console cupholder slider adrift" is ??? the slider moving on its own??

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on that...reads a little better now.

"console cupholder slider adrift" is ??? the slider moving on its own??
sorry man i'd never call you or any other member here a pos cuz it's way too flagrant - you obviously care a great deal about your rides so i respect you on that level.

i have no idea, but it's posted on the other site. i noticed it cuz LR requires their service folks to "update" the console which requires a lot of undoing of parts. i try to minimize unaccountable hands messing with my ride esp interior parts that are easily scratched.

i already have a nick on my shift knob and i never wear a ring.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Possessed please let me know how your situation is resolved. The last few days I just started getting the "only normal height available" warning as well as "suspension will raise when cooled" warning. I may be experiencing the same issue as you. Mine is a 2011 RRSSC delivered to me in Dec 2010 so our build dates may be similar. To this date and after 6700 miles RRS has been flawless except this recent hicup.
hey curtis sorry for the late reply....parts were backordered everything is finally in ...im goin for service Monday I will post what they will change....

after they put everything back together the past 2-3weeks of wait I actually got the message saying "suspension will raise when cooled" I think it has to do with compressor forcing itself to fill the system (just an opinion)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Good to know Ill see what happens Monday if they have to do any other work....at least my parts are in but damn woman taking appointments wont call me back...i missed her call she gave me an appointment for tomorrow(thursday) been calling and leavin messages (tuesday & wednesday) but she wont call back to change it for Monday grrrr!!!

And guys this thread is intended for problems related to MY2010/2011 I dont care about past problems or problems not solved from the past.....heard it from people that tried to convince me not to purchase the vehicle cause of their past experiences. Well Im actually satisfied with the vehicle except for a little suspension problem & headlights which is being resolved with no questions asked...switch the parts and off I go...and actually I would of never bought a 2010 I have a rule never buy 1st year of a new generation!!!:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
UPDATE: vehicle is in for service parts are in after practically 3-4weeks....easter didnt help....and guess wut they have the wrong fucken headlight one of them

BUT for some reason they will receive it right away tomorrow morning!!!things that make you go hmmmmm!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey curtis sorry for the late reply....parts were backordered everything is finally in ...im goin for service Monday I will post what they will change....

after they put everything back together the past 2-3weeks of wait I actually got the message saying "suspension will raise when cooled" I think it has to do with compressor forcing itself to fill the system (just an opinion)
Had my RRSSC in at the dealer for the "Only Normal Height Available" & "Suspension Will Raise When Cooled" faults and the dealer diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. They replaced that as well as a relay. I also had them address the recent service bulletin, TB Q127, regarding the center cup holder cover and they replaced that as well.

So far so good with no more suspension faults.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Had my RRSSC in at the dealer for the "Only Normal Height Available" & "Suspension Will Raise When Cooled" faults and the dealer diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. They replaced that as well as a relay. I also had them address the recent service bulletin, TB Q127, regarding the center cup holder cover and they replaced that as well.

So far so good with no more suspension faults.
Same here they received the right headlight this morning and everything was changed...Compressor...Relay...Headlights

I didnt address the cupholder ill leave that for when I bring it in for the first oil change after the summer.

Will post invoices once I receive by mail!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
mine's in for parking sensor, passenger window seal and blue screen cameras which i understand is a pretty tedious job due to all the wiring. should get it back by eow. i'm going to get an oil change in between my first service. just for peace of mind.

hope they don't F anything up as i'm real particular about getting it back the way i left it. in particular, scratches, sundry marks in the interior/exterior. i wish every dealer would put a seat cover on their cars as i can't stand wear on the driver seat (u know what im talking about) first time Land Rover buyer. had great experiences with both BMW and Porshay service in the past.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did that fix the issue?

Same here they received the right headlight this morning and everything was changed...Compressor...Relay...Headlights

I didnt address the cupholder ill leave that for when I bring it in for the first oil change after the summer.

Will post invoices once I receive by mail!!!
What was the final fix for your "Only Normal Height Available" issue? I am seeing that one myself, and it would be good to know what the fix should be before I bring it in. Was it replacing the compressor? What did that cost? I have a 2011 RRS SC.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts