Luxury4Play.com banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The air suspension is only on the RR correct? One of the reasons I am leaning towards RRS.
RRS as well....

Dont be alarmed by my issue ...you have to understand the vehicle was brought in ...after tests they found low pressure from compressor and a leak, they decided to change the part for the leak and reset.

After bringing it back and probably doing more tests they are replacing the compressor...havent gone back yet since they havent received the parts...but its normal a compressor goes

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
my parking sensors went kaput... hopefully they don't give me too much sh!t for the startech bumper
Im still waiting to get mine serviced ....they received compressor and new module...and waiting for headlights to come in from England:(

·
Registered
304 Posts
I love Range Rovers. And I will never own one. Because of experiences like this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love Range Rovers. And I will never own one. Because of experiences like this.
These are not common contrary to popular belief...I have been in Rovers since 2005 and have had no problems, and will buy one again. So please spare us the comments seeing as you have no personal experience. I have had more problems with my Lexus's in the past, but I'm not hatin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Possessed please let me know how your situation is resolved. The last few days I just started getting the "only normal height available" warning as well as "suspension will raise when cooled" warning. I may be experiencing the same issue as you. Mine is a 2011 RRSSC delivered to me in Dec 2010 so our build dates may be similar. To this date and after 6700 miles RRS has been flawless except this recent hicup.

·
Registered
304 Posts
These are not common contrary to popular belief...I have been in Rovers since 2005 and have had no problems, and will buy one again. So please spare us the comments seeing as you have no personal experience. I have had more problems with my Lexus's in the past, but I'm not hatin
I have ancillary experience. A surgeon friend of mine had an 06 HSE. That thing was at the dealer 4 months out of the year every year he owned it, aggregated. His coworkers experienced the same. When he dumped it, he swore to me he would never buy another RR, and that I should neither. This is a fellow I trust immensely. I don't need to own one to understand that their reliability is hit or miss. Every company lets a few bad car slip through the cracks. LR seems to let more than others. Do I doubt that you have had stellar cars? No. Do I dislike the vehicles themselves, in terms of performance, ability, and style? Absolutely not. Will I roll the dice on an 80k car that has a higher chance of going British Leyland wonky than a comparable ML, X5, or Q7? No.

If I'm going to be buying a luxury SUV, it's going to be a daily driver. Which, at the end of the day, should be an appliance before anything else. I'd rather not have to service my toaster more often than scheduled.

·
Registered
651 Posts
these issues seem pretty damn common to me and LR's track record shows they are near the bottom relative to their competition along the customer sat, dependability studies. they've made improvements for sure which is one of the main reasons why i even looked at a RR. anything pre2010 i will venture to say is really substandard.

with that said, there ain't no way i'm driving a lexus or audi or bmw or cadillac suv because nothing feels/looks like the range rover. the only exception would be the merc g-wagon. i like that it's so simple and overbuilt like a tank.

create your own cost/benefit analysis. obviously you know where most of us here have rendered our best outcome.

·
Registered
774 Posts
When this thread started, I could already seeing it becoming a place for people to take a stab at RR reliability, instead of making it a useful thread for owners to discuss issues. It was a good idea, but of course the peanut gallery couldnt stay quiet. I get upset with posts like these because I almost didn't even look at RR, because of all the RUMORS...and now here I am almost 7 years later and a devout RR fan with no major probs.

I have ancillary experience. A surgeon friend of mine had an 06 HSE. That thing was at the dealer 4 months out of the year every year he owned it, aggregated. His coworkers experienced the same. When he dumped it, he swore to me he would never buy another RR, and that I should neither. This is a fellow I trust immensely. I don't need to own one to understand that their reliability is hit or miss. Every company lets a few bad car slip through the cracks. LR seems to let more than others. Do I doubt that you have had stellar cars? No. Do I dislike the vehicles themselves, in terms of performance, ability, and style? Absolutely not. Will I roll the dice on an 80k car that has a higher chance of going British Leyland wonky than a comparable ML, X5, or Q7? No.

If I'm going to be buying a luxury SUV, it's going to be a daily driver. Which, at the end of the day, should be an appliance before anything else. I'd rather not have to service my toaster more often than scheduled.

"Ancillary" is not the same as personal experience. So based on ONE of your FRIENDS comments, you feel you're just in your statement??? Sorry, I just don't buy it. I agree 100% that every company lets a few bad ones slip through...but my friends (seeing as that makes me an expert) who have MLs, Qs and Xs have all had shop time, in some cases quite a bit. So really not buying your argument, please stick to the Lex forums unless you have something of value to add.

these issues seem pretty damn common to me and LR's track record shows they are near the bottom relative to their competition along the customer sat, dependability studies. they've made improvements for sure which is one of the main reasons why i even looked at a RR. anything pre2010 i will venture to say is really substandard.

with that said, there ain't no way i'm driving a lexus or audi or bmw or cadillac suv because nothing feels/looks like the range rover. the only exception would be the merc g-wagon. i like that it's so simple and overbuilt like a tank.

create your own cost/benefit analysis. obviously you know where most of us here have rendered our best outcome.
Please quantify common? Most people post only when there are probs, I know far more people on this forum that have 201x RR's, I don't see them posting issues, I see 2, and more people have commented with no probs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't see why you have to be so defensive about it. It is just a SUV. Nobody is attacking you. I went and looked at one a couple of weeks ago. However I have a hard time paying $90K for vehicle with a poor reliability history. JD Power - Bottom of the list. Consumer Reports - Bottom of the list. So it IS concerning. I would gladly pay $90k if it looked the way did but ran like a Land cruiser/LX570. Too bad the LX570 is FUGLY!!

Btw - Why do I keep reading that 2010 MY+ is the best choice. The car and electronics are basically the same right. The only difference is engine/tranny - Right.:confused: I am asking b/C I found one I really REALLY Like at the Dallas dealership. I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
651 Posts
When this thread started, I could already seeing it becoming a place for people to take a stab at RR reliability, instead of making it a useful thread for owners to discuss issues. It was a good idea, but of course the peanut gallery couldnt stay quiet. I get upset with posts like these because I almost didn't even look at RR, because of all the RUMORS...and now here I am almost 7 years later and a devout RR fan with no major probs.

"Ancillary" is not the same as personal experience. So based on ONE of your FRIENDS comments, you feel you're just in your statement??? Sorry, I just don't buy it. I agree 100% that every company lets a few bad ones slip through...but my friends (seeing as that makes me an expert) who have MLs, Qs and Xs have all had shop time, in some cases quite a bit. So really not buying your argument, please stick to the Lex forums unless you have something of value to add.

Please quantify common? Most people post only when there are probs, I know far more people on this forum that have 201x RR's, I don't see them posting issues, I see 2, and more people have commented with no probs.
neither you or any other individual has the time or money to get at the facts... closest thing are the industry standard bearers for gathering reliability/dependability stats... consumer and JD. thankfully, i don't buy based on their recs, but it is what's avail.

LRs are NOT reliable trucks. they have NO resolution for the TPMS error. nothing. no solution. on a 2010/11 vehicle no less. and not exactly a revolutionary new feature. for so few that do have the time and/or interest to post on auto forums, it sure the heck does come up a lot.

it's the tick tacky stuff like the electro glitches that annoy the crap out of most. blue camera on the vision package. smart key not found. normal suspension height not avail. doesn't happen to all, but you hear about it often enough to make u think twice.

but, again, there is no other SUV i'd roll today. my cost/ben analysis has the rrs sc coming out way on top.

and ritesh.... just engine/tranny? c'mon man. aren't these items some of the most important components of a vehicle? the 2010s also feature a huge aesthetic overhaul finally worthy of the Range Rover badge. don't be ignorant. this bit of news is easy to find online. have you driven the 510hp versions? it's addicting and may well have you not only pullin the trigger, but very tempted to push the "do not push" button. that big red one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ancillary, as in I didn't have to bring the car in myself every time it had to go. However, I did get to watch him show up in loaners once a month. Never said I was an expert. Said I could speak to my experience, and I have seen nothing that didn't make me want to run the other way. If 2010+ LRs can make it to 100k with minor hiccups, especially unrepeated, my mind will certainly be changed.

You seem to have some sort of personal stake in defending the honor of Land Rover's name. You shouldn't. Being objective makes you more credible as the authority you are trying to claim yourself as on a topic. My indictment of the brand through reputation is not a value judgment on LR buyers, nor is it meant to be a reflection on who you are as a person.

However, I enjoyed your subtle insult, insinuating that my knowledge is limited/applicable to the appliances that I and my family choose to buy.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't see why you have to be so defensive about it. It is just a SUV. Nobody is attacking you.

Btw - Why do I keep reading that 2010 MY+ is the best choice.
I am defensive because these types of comments are just getting old. It seems like most RR threads aren't complete without some comment from left field about quality, when the thread may have nothing to do with it. This thread is diff however. You are right, no one is attacking me.

2010 MY best in comparison to previous year, or 2011??

neither you or any other individual has the time or money to get at the facts... closest thing are the industry standard bearers for gathering reliability/dependability stats... consumer and JD. thankfully, i don't buy based on their recs, but it is what's avail.
same page as u here...

Ancillary, as in I didn't have to bring the car in myself every time it had to go. However, I did get to watch him show up in loaners once a month. Never said I was an expert. Said I could speak to my experience, and I have seen nothing that didn't make me want to run the other way. If 2010+ LRs can make it to 100k with minor hiccups, especially unrepeated, my mind will certainly be changed.

You seem to have some sort of personal stake in defending the honor of Land Rover's name. You shouldn't. Being objective makes you more credible as the authority you are trying to claim yourself as on a topic. My indictment of the brand through reputation is not a value judgment on LR buyers, nor is it meant to be a reflection on who you are as a person.

However, I enjoyed your subtle insult, insinuating that my knowledge is limited/applicable to the appliances that I and my family choose to buy.
I would not consider that experience, it is hearsay. While I did not drive my 2006 to 100k, I made it to 50k flawlessly. My 2010 is at 12k and solid.

I do not have a personal stake, just tired of the bogus side remarks. I came across belligerent due to frustration. Agree with you on being objective...frustration got the better of me.

I was not implying any insult at all...I fully believe in that the best knowledge comes from first hand experience, and I hold myself to the same methodology. Not saying word of mouth is worth nothing, but the most value comes from those who actually own whatever "appliance" they are speaking too. When I am researching a car, or piece of technology, I look for the person who has one sitting in their garage, at home or work place.

If you take a look at some of the most respected members on this forum, you will find an RR in their stable, end of story :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
and ritesh.... just engine/tranny? c'mon man. aren't these items some of the most important components of a vehicle? the 2010s also feature a huge aesthetic overhaul finally worthy of the Range Rover badge. don't be ignorant. this bit of news is easy to find online. have you driven the 510hp versions? it's addicting and may well have you not only pullin the trigger, but very tempted to push the "do not push" button. that big red one.
I agree - engine/tranny ARE very important. I just felt most of the issues you listed would be common in the 2010/2011 MY's too. It is afterall a 2003 design and up for a complete overhaul. But - the styling to so perfect, the lines so classic that I don't see how they can improve on it.

And yes - I am really trying hard not to testdrive the S/C.:bitenails: I could see myself coming back from the testdrive with a huge grin on my face and writing a check for it!

·
Registered
289 Posts
2010 MY best in comparison to previous year, or 2011?

If you take a look at some of the most respected members on this forum, you will find an RR in their stable, end of story :D
No- MY 2008 Vs. MY 2010. Since I doubt the electronics issues have been addressed.

2nd statement - good point. As I like to say it - You gotta pay to play!! Same comment applies to Ferrari/Lamborghini Vs. ..........

·
Registered
774 Posts
I agree - engine/tranny ARE very important. I just felt most of the issues you listed would be common in the 2010/2011 MY's too. It is afterall a 2003 design and up for a complete overhaul. But - the styling to so perfect, the lines so classic that I don't see how they can improve on it.

And yes - I am really trying hard not to testdrive the S/C.:bitenails: I could see myself coming back from the testdrive with a huge grin on my face and writing a check for it!
No- MY 2008 Vs. MY 2010. Since I doubt the electronics issues have been addressed.

2nd statement - good point. As I like to say it - You gotta pay to play!! Same comment applies to Ferrari/Lamborghini Vs. ..........
A complete overhaul was done in 2010. 2008 is not the same as 2010 + AT ALL. The body is similar on the outside, but it is a totally new car inside and under the hood. 2006-2009 was the first gen RRS, 2nd gen started 2010 and is all new electronics, engine, trans etc.

The SC is intoxicating :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think its just a case of when people "hear" things and then take it to heart without any personal research or experience. Every car manufacture has its issues with every model, visit any other car forum on the web and you will see, and hear the same type of stories. I can tell you I for one am glad i didn't listen to all the people with complaints, I love my 2011 RRS and it has presented me with zero problems. Being an business owner I can also tell you that you only hear from the people that are unhappy, which usually account for less than 1% of customer volume, and never hear from happy customers so keep this in mind next time you ask for or listen to an opinion on any product.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts