Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the best war movie.

great youtube comment

Something about Vietnam dude. I don't know what it is, but something about that war was dark as **** (more so than previous wars, even WW2). The way the soldiers dressed, the jungle, the Vietcong, sinister soldiers like Barnes and Bunny, the fact that we lost.

Something about that war was evil and shady.....

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Will never forget seeing that movie in the theater! I was too young to go by myself, but my Mom agreed to take me. My father served over a year in Nam with the Army and was forward infantry and also a door gunner in the Chinook.

He's never told me anything about his experience and I learned early on not to ask.

My Mom left the movie in tears and so did I.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pretty awesome movie. Think I have the DVD around here from a garage sale. One of those 5 DVDs for $10 deals.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Have not seen this in years, crazy movie. Makes me think of my father who loved the movie too.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Best movie about vietnam by far. perhaps best war movie ever. Hard to beat, even with classics like apocolypse now

·
Registered
549 Posts
great movie...i must have watched Platoon and Full Metal Jacket about 10 times the week before i went to basic training. both of those movies had really good military advisers. these movies are very accurate as far as how the uniform is worn and the terminology that is used. there are many other movies that involve the military that get everything wrong about being a soldier.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Platoon and FMJ are among some of the best in showing the Vietnam war. I need to see Apocalypse Now; I vaguely remember the movie.

Off topic, I will say that the first 20 minutes of the Omaha Beach landing in "Saving Private Ryan" was insane and had a lot of input from survivors of the Normandy invasion so Spielberg could get things done as accurately as possible. I've watched the movie 3 times and just can't fathom these boys doing what they did, knowing the first two rows in every boat were pretty much human shields for the rest of their brothers to reach the beach and cliffs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts