Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought since christmas time was around that I would treat my self and buy a new watch. The price range would not exceed $700, I spotted this Burberry at Nordstrom and thought it would be a good fit.

image.jpg

They sell this watch for $695 which I figured is a good price for me. Does anybody own this watch and do they you like it? If you don't own it would you purchase it? Anybody have any other good watches in this price range? I'm looking to purchase something with a leather strap, and with neutral colors that can fit in with every outfit. Thanks L4P :)

·
Registered
604 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
someone whos a member here with 3 nice cars and is looking at quartz watches at nordstroms????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'm not getting a Burberry then...

*didn't know it was quartz either*

Reactions: MasterWhite

·
Registered
610 Posts
Generally, you're not going to find an automatic watch under four figures. If that doesn't bother you, and a quartz watch fits your criteria, then there's little reason to spend more than a couple hundred dollars, short of a few anomalies such as Bulova's Precisionist series, Citizen's EcoDrives, or a Suunto- all of which offer special features justifying their asking prices in some way or another.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Seiko, Stowa, Helson, Steinhart, Boschett, etc.

Seiko autos from $150 or less, new. Spend a bit more and pick up a used Omega/Longines/etc.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I say if you like it then it's up to you if you want to buy it or not. It's not something I personally would buy but taste and preferences are subjective. I'd definitely check out the thread posted above as it gives some solid options for every price range. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The irony with your username is unreal :clap:

As a spokesman for the company don't buy our watches.

Just kidding, I like Burberry just wouldn't buy a watch from them. Same goes for Coach, Michael Kors, Fossil and so on.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It's a false economy to buy a "cheap" watch. Your going to effectively absurd it's entire value once you buy it.
Spend whatever it takes to get something you like that is pretty commonly sought after and just lowball everybody on eBay for it wear it a few months and have it listed for 500-2000$ more than you paid for it and get paid to wear a watch. I and at least a few others on here have successfully been doing this for a while. I've had at least 10pieces in the past 2 years and got paid to wear all but 2.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
It's a false economy to buy a "cheap" watch. Your going to effectively absurd it's entire value once you buy it.
Spend whatever it takes to get something you like that is pretty commonly sought after and just lowball everybody on eBay for it wear it a few months and have it listed for 500-2000$ more than you paid for it and get paid to wear a watch. I and at least a few others on here have successfully been doing this for a while. I've had at least 10pieces in the past 2 years and got paid to wear all but 2.
my watch collection has paid for it self because every watch i ever sold after owning i got all my money back and then some minus the watch i damaged during a Code Blue at the hospital by scratching the crystal agains the Code Cart. I'm surprised it did't shatter.

·
Registered
610 Posts
^I've recently begun to subscribe to this theory, too. If you can muster the initial investment, you can enjoy an artful, eyecatching time piece on your wrist for months or years at effectively no expense- so long as you maintain the watch.

This is why I tell all my friends to buy muscle cars. All the charm and charisma of an exotic, yet are effectively free to own and operate. Drop 25-50k for a 60's Mopar or GM now, sell it for a couple grand more in two or three years. Free fun. Free motoring. Watches are no different.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just picked up a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Auto. Amazing watch and wanted to get it for a long time but seeing it in Interstellar just reminded me of it again and I purchased it the next day. For around $900 you get the best 'bang for the buck' watch with a genuine Swiss Auto movement. 46mm in size and I love how big it is.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts