Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here smoke pipes?

I've never tried it and am interested in it. Just seeing if anyone on here actually smokes one on a regular or a semi regular basis. I'm going to try it for the first time this weekend. Depending on how I like it I might make my own pipe.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I do! Always wanted to try it, so got myself a "cheap" starter pipe for $90 to see if I'd like it, and I do. I don't smoke it as much as cigars but it still tastes good, lots of tobacco blends to try out and if you're young people always take a second look haha

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the tobacco blends is what has me wanting to try them all the options really apeal to me. Thats a good looking pipe.

Any blends you like or recommend? My local shop has tons of blends in jars and a few house blends I want to try.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
yea all that i've been smoking is some house blends from my shop... i would say try it out,ask the guys at you're shop what they would recommend thats what i did.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunday I'm gonna buy one and get an ounce or two of whatever smells good to me. Then I'm depending on how I like it (I'm sure I will) I'm going to find some briar wood and try to make my own pipe.

·
Banned
3,230 Posts
I used to steal my dads pipe and smoke pot with it. He never was the wiser because that's exactly what he used it for too....lol.

I've never been a fan of pipe tobacco, but I haven't been around it in several years. I should give it another shot (with tobacco this time of course. )

·
Banned
167 Posts
My dad smoked it for decades and still does. I tried it but never liked it. Hated the licorice, maple sirup taste. He always told me to start with a cheap corncob pipe and then move to briar wood. A major pain to keep lit. Takes a lot of practice.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a couple pipes that were passed down through family. A gave it a shot but i could never keep them lit without puffing on it like i was trying to suck a golf ball through a straw. In the end it was just to much of a hassle so i stick to cigars

·
Registered
405 Posts
I use to smoke a pipe just after high school. I'm not to sure why I ever stopped and I'm not sure where my pipes went to. I'm not even sure where to go in the LA area to buy a new one. :/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts