Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and thought I would share some pictures of my obsession.

It is a 2000 E39 M5. Imola red with the limited M-Alcantara suede interior.

There has been many mods installed, most of which are small aesthetic pieces. Some noteworthy ones are am integrated 32g ipod/hard drive and modified headlights (DJ Auto housings with Infiniti FXR bi-xenon projectors, and 4300k D2S bulbs powered by 55W ballasts) the light output is phenomenal and the beam cutoff is razor sharp.

The big ticket/performance mods include the following:

- KW V2 Coilovers
- Linea Corse Lemans 19x8.5F and 19x10R offsets are +5F and +15R
- Supersprint headers, custom connecting pipes, Evosport high-flow cats, Supersprint X-pipe, and Dinan cans. It is very loud... throaty, metallic, and intoxicating.
- Powerchip custom tune

My goal with the miscellaneous interior and exterior mods were to modernize the car slightly and improve function for practical use. When it came to performance mods, I wanted to sharpen the responses of the car and make the driving experience a little more vivid while not sacrificing the ability to cruise around in a comfortable car if needed. Oh yea, and I wanted to car to be just how I wanted it :RockOnNotMine:

Hope you enjoy it!

Evan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Well done! The limited M int is spectacular.:thumbup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey welcome! Your M5 is sick I use to have an 02 and its one of the best cars out there I had so much fun with that car!

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
beautiful! absolutely beautiful. one of my top 3 favourite BMW's.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It looks stunning! Its my favorite car of all times. Never saw OEM alcantara interior- that looks awesome!

Only thing I'd do is to get real BBS LMs. Dont get me wrong Linea Corses look great but thats a speacial car that deserves the best when it comes to mods ;)

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Beautiful car..

Welcome to the 4!

You modded it very tastefully... and it's looks immaculate!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Car is PERFECT.

No worries on the L.Corsa's. BBS' are nice, but I'd rather get 90% of the result, and have a couple grand left over to pay the mortgage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the compliments guys! Even though I wouldn't be overly concerned if all of you didn't agree what my vision of a modded M5 should look like, it is reassuring that we are all in agreement.

Every now and then I see other cars which catch my eye and I would like to own at some point, for example a E92 335 sitting on some coilovers and putting down 400+ hp/tq to the wheels doesn't sound like a bad option, but whenever I see a E39, even the non-M, I just get all starry eyed. I plan on having this car for a long time, it does chug oil and gas at an astonishing rate and there have been more than a few costly repairs but as I am sure most of you know on this forum, gotta pay to play:drivingskid:

As for the wheels, BBS LMs are of course my top pick but I couldn't justify the extra dough, especially when there were no overwhelming penalties (such as weight) vs. the BBS. I am not a huge fan of knock offs and replicas but in this situation I made an exception. Just for the record I will never put BBS caps on them, it is one thing to appreciate the style of the original, it is another to pretend you have the real deal.

Here are some videos of the exhaust, I apologize because all 3 are terrible quality. Some day I will get some proper footage...

BMW E39 M5 exhaust on Vimeo Cold start
Some revs on Vimeo Revs
2nd gear pull on Vimeo 2nd gear pull

Evan

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
As for the wheels, BBS LMs are of course my top pick but I couldn't justify the extra dough, especially when there were no overwhelming penalties (such as weight) vs. the BBS. I am not a huge fan of knock offs and replicas but in this situation I made an exception. Just for the record I will never put BBS caps on them, it is one thing to appreciate the style of the original, it is another to pretend you have the real deal.
now I take my words back sir :bow1: :clap:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts