Luxury4Play.com banner

Picking up......................a CGT!!!!!!!!!

20K views 116 replies 58 participants last post by  Tr3vor 
#1 · (Edited)
A long awaited dream....ever since I first heard the jet engine sound of the CGT years ago, I knew I had to own one some day. I've always loved raw cars that stimulated emotion behind the steering wheel - those cars that reward you for driving skill, void of electronic aids, and that fires the viscera, void of luxury.

Some may be aware of my passion for Lotus, which offers bare bones Spartan like excitement with point and shoot behavior. Racing in LotusCupUSA has spawned further appreciation for direct connection to the road.
I then supplemented my Loti with the 16M - an amazing piece of machinery which intensifies the visceral driving experience with lightning fast 60 ms F1 shifts and crazy speed when terrorizing the roads.

And thus, here cometh the CGT.
Can't wait to sit in the CF monocoque and feel the 617 hp whine with fiery intensity.
More to come...

Addendum: My formal review is on page 5....

#2 ·
Wow! Congrats on your new car! The CGT has always been a favorite of mine, and I agree, the sound at WOT is something special! Do you plan on holding onto the car for a while? I have noticed prices increasing regularly over the past few years. They really are a true collectors car.

#5 ·
Thanks, yes, I'm trying to mature my car addiction. I didn't want to jump on the Ferrari train which changes models every few years. I also love analogue cars. I do view the CGT as a modern collector car - last of a generation of Porsche's manuals, a race bred engine. The 918 is a phenomenal leap forward, but too many electronic nannies for purists. Sensation is lost and overcome with technological advances. It's hard to "feel" what you're driving in such an advanced car such as even a GTR. They are too good, and even too fast for public roads.

EVO magazine reviewed the last analogue Supercars: CGT, F50, F40, Mclaren F1, noble 600, LP670-SV, and Pagani Zonda.
It would be a dream to own all of these.
To be honest though, next on my radar would be a Ford GT. That car is steadily going up in value.
I'm sure the CGT will go up in value, but it's a question of when.
But in the mean time, I really want to enjoy it.

What color, Eddie?

-Markus-
Sent from AutoGuide.com App
GT Silver on black
Usually I like loud colors (Isotope Green Exige) but for this car, I view it as a modern classic.

Reactions: Terminator
#10 ·
Thanks all.

I did speak to the sales people at Pacific in Torrance. They have an 04 silver with around 6500 miles on consignment. I made an offer and the sales guy never followed up on it. But I picked up an 05.
The market has thinned out some compared to last year. Don't know if people are holding on to them now. Currently, no red ones for sale and there is a yellow one with higher mileage, around 15k miles.
CNC has a mint one with 600 miles with new clutch listed for $499k.
I think a couple other silvers and a black one FS.

Reactions: pip
#11 ·
Elite Autos LLC?

I've noticed their Silver '05 and it's stunning...they all are! I couldn't agree more on your comments regarding the emotion of having a true input/output analogue car. Ford GT has always been a favorite, but the CGT is in another league. Congrats!

#15 ·
Ha! Elite, is in my territory, Arkansas, of all places. They typically have an awesome inventory.

Congrats, OP. We cannot wait to see more.

#14 ·
Congratulations plastique999, I can only imagine how excited you must be. The Carrera GT is something I have to acquire down the road myself, really the ultimate roadcar. I've been following the market for quite some time too now and have followed the appreciation in value. If only I could convince my s/o. Cheers and post a lot of pictures.

#20 ·
Congrats Plastique999! I know you've been on the hunt for a bit! The CGT is the best overall driving experience you will have in a car--at least its been that way for me. I've had mine 2 months and already have put 860 mi on it. Enjoy!!!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

#23 ·
Congrats Plastique999! I know you've been on the hunt for a bit! The CGT is the best overall driving experience you will have in a car--at least its been that way for me. I've had mine 2 months and already have put 860 mi on it. Enjoy!!!

View attachment 103801
View attachment 103809
Awww....Guards Red!!! Love that color, they are so hard to find on a CGT.
Where are you located? It would be great if we could get a CGT gathering. Do you have any vids of your straight pipes? I'm curious to see if it would be worth it. I hear stock exhaust is not too loud.

Also curious on your impressions of Lambos...did you sell the Aventador for the LP670-SV?

#22 ·
Congrats Eddie. I understand your reasoning behind the CGT and look forward to your driving impressions. BTW, we have a mutual friend in your line of work. He was at Laguna Miguel the other week and I told him to look out for the 16M after reading your post on F-chat. He told me that's his buddy Eddie's!

#24 ·
No kidding, PM me who that was....small world!

I'll be taking delivery of the car just before Thanksgiving....just in time for the Motor4Toys event!
I'll take the CGT with my older son, and my wife will take the 16M with our middle son....gotta introduce them to the Santa who drives the Lambo every year.

Reactions: pip
#33 ·
Congrats my man! The CGT is perhaps my favourite car of all time and it's a dream of mine to own one at some point. If I were you I'd have a hard time sleeping until I got it :lol: and then when it arrived I'd be like a kid on Christmas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.