Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my 2011 RRSS for a few years now I decided to trade it in for the new 2014 model. I have only been driving it for a few days now but I can tell you the difference is pretty impressive so far. The '11 was not slow by any means but the 2014 now has an aluminum chassis that reduced the weight significantly which you can really fell while driving. The Sport still has the supercharged direct-injected 5.0L motor but its now paired with an 8 speed transmission and the tighter gear ratio makes shifting much smoother.

Best new features:
- When you put it in Dynamic mode the gauges turn red, this is just really cool.
- The 5 camera system, the resolution is grainy at night but its a nice feature to have.
- Its bigger! The new Sport is wider and longer but the weight reduction makes it feel sportier.
- Climate seats, never understood why it took so long for RR to offer A/C seats.
- The Exhaust, it sounds MEAN under throttle. They finally let this motor breathe!

Worst new features:
- Eco mode, every time you come to a stop the engine shuts down. Its going to take some getting used to.
- No more double glove box. Need to find a new home for my concealed carry, open to suggestions!
- It is now offered in a V6, it is a supercharged V6 but still the US RRSS should be only V8.

The Autobiography opens up a variety of interior colors, I went with the ebony/cirrus/lunar combo and could not be happier with it.

Here is my new '14 with my old '11 in the background:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another great feature I forgot to mention is the all digital gauges on the Autobiography and Dynamic Sport models, its easy to read and looks better than analog gauges.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Dayyum nice pick-up hope you enjoy it man

·
Registered
827 Posts
Great buy. I picked up my 14 Autobiography a couple months back. Way better truck than my 12.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great buy. I picked up my 14 Autobiography a couple months back. Way better truck than my 12.

Why isn't the lower body panels painted? The Autobiography is supposed to come with all that plastic crap painted body color. I heard rumours that there was a batch they screwed up and didn't paint the panels. Have you noticed or complained about this ?

·
Registered
343 Posts
After having my 2011 RRSS for a few years now I decided to trade it in for the new 2014 model. I have only been driving it for a few days now but I can tell you the difference is pretty impressive so far. The '11 was not slow by any means but the 2014 now has an aluminum chassis that reduced the weight significantly which you can really fell while driving. The Sport still has the supercharged direct-injected 5.0L motor but its now paired with an 8 speed transmission and the tighter gear ratio makes shifting much smoother.

Best new features:
- When you put it in Dynamic mode the gauges turn red, this is just really cool.
- The 5 camera system, the resolution is grainy at night but its a nice feature to have.
- Its bigger! The new Sport is wider and longer but the weight reduction makes it feel sportier.
- Climate seats, never understood why it took so long for RR to offer A/C seats.
- The Exhaust, it sounds MEAN under throttle. They finally let this motor breathe!

Worst new features:
- Eco mode, every time you come to a stop the engine shuts down. Its going to take some getting used to.
- No more double glove box. Need to find a new home for my concealed carry, open to suggestions!
- It is now offered in a V6, it is a supercharged V6 but still the US RRSS should be only V8.

The Autobiography opens up a variety of interior colors, I went with the ebony/cirrus/lunar combo and could not be happier with it.

Here is my new '14 with my old '11 in the background:
I also had a 2011 RRS Autobiography, the one thing that bothers me about the new one is that it has the same bumpers just painted? The look of the previous gen Autobiography was noticeably better and different, now I feel like theres no real point in getting an autobiography as you can paint the lower body panels anywhere for less then $1000 bucks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Why isn't the lower body panels painted? The Autobiography is supposed to come with all that plastic crap painted body color. I heard rumours that there was a batch they screwed up and didn't paint the panels. Have you noticed or complained about this ?
Yup. Cuz in the ordering guide it shows them painted. Only those side rockers aren't painted and portions of the front and rear bumper. But whatever. I got 4k off sticker. The car is at the body shop now getting murdered out!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yup. Cuz in the ordering guide it shows them painted. Only those side rockers aren't painted and portions of the front and rear bumper. But whatever. I got 4k off sticker. The car is at the body shop now getting murdered out!
So you got 4k off for the screw up by the factory you mean?

Reactions: crookedm

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! Great combo on the interior.

·
Registered
827 Posts
So you got 4k off for the screw up by the factory you mean?
No. It is not an option to have it factory painted at all.

I'm stating I got 4k off sticker when they are selling for 10-20k over.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No. It is not an option to have it factory painted at all.

I'm stating I got 4k off sticker when they are selling for 10-20k over.
I have to disagree...I've seen the new autobiography with all the plastic at the bottom painted body color at my local dealership.

I believe it was just the first batch that came unpainted.

What I stil don't understand is..the previous gen (2010-2013) Range Rover Sport Autobiography had completely different front and rear bumpers. Now they kept the same bumpers as a base V6 and (to my knowledge) are just painting the lower plastic panels.

What Im saying is..there is no major difference in the new Autobiography compared to base 6 cylinder car vs the previous gen, you can notice a mile away.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have to disagree...I've seen the new autobiography with all the plastic at the bottom painted body color at my local dealership.

I believe it was just the first batch that came unpainted.

What I stil don't understand is..the previous gen (2010-2013) Range Rover Sport Autobiography had completely different front and rear bumpers. Now they kept the same bumpers as a base V6 and (to my knowledge) are just painting the lower plastic panels.

What Im saying is..there is no major difference in the new Autobiography compared to base 6 cylinder car vs the previous gen, you can notice a mile away.
maybe the Canadian versions come painted and the US dont?

·
Registered
343 Posts
maybe the Canadian versions come painted and the US dont?

Possible..but that's very odd! And then I really have to ask...why bother paying the huge premium for an Autobiography? For the different seats?

Not only the same bumpers as a non-AutoB but not even painted bumpers?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts