Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening the scissor door, the view is already special with the Alcantara dripping everywhere. Sliding into the seats, the race seats hug you. But after 5 minutes, my lower back is tensing up from no lumbar support.

Power: Firing up the engine, the V12 Bizzarrini, at first with valves closed sounds a bit anemic. After warming up and revving past 5k RPM, the lion suddenly wakes up.
Compared to my previous LP640, the power band is quite different - the 670 actually feels a bit weaker up to 4K RPM. Past 5k RPM, the top end power then kills the 640. >5k is where the 670 likes to live.

Handling: This is where the SV shines above the 640. 220 lbs does not seem like a lot. But when I used to race Lotus we went by the "add lightness" philosophy of Colin Chapman: 10 lbs wt loss = 1 HP. So 200 lb wt loss could equate to 20 more HP in theory. But this actually manifests more in the handling. My previous LP640 had body roll and lugged a bit around turns, slight understeer - granted it was a roadster. The SV feels much more direct, and at 3450 lbs (dry) it is point and shoot. I would equate it to a Lotus Evora modest weight feel but very direct steering. Weight distribution in the SV feels very balanced around mid to high corner turns, no understeer.

Braking: I do think this varies car to car. I have had CCB's on my CGT, LP640, AMV12VS, and the SV. CGT brakes feel like a truck and have to press firm for stopping power. AM V12 was very linear. LP640 was very grabby and sensitive. SV is less grabby and more linear.

Overall, the SV feels similar in shell to the LP640 but has shining nuances well above the 640 in its top end power and handling. I'm a huge fan of light cars (best car ever was my 1650 lb. Lotus 211) and track/race models are quite special....Scuds, CS's, SV's, SL's etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Excellent writeup. I'm loving the added center stripe.

Have your eyes set on some lightweight aftermarket wheels? I know a couple of HRE's that are calling you name.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent writeup. I'm loving the added center stripe.

Have your eyes set on some lightweight aftermarket wheels? I know a couple of HRE's that are calling you name.

I am interested in wheels, though my concern with the Murcie is effecting the diff. Could you suggest wheels that may have specs similar to stock.

Sent from my CGT

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same car that was just in the /Drive Video. At least it has the same #115/350 ???
Which vid?
Yes I have #115

Sent from my CGT

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Very nice! What a great car.

Reactions: plastique999

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sent from my CGT

Reactions: ColeBlooded

·
Registered
7 Posts
BUY fake/real passports driving license,identity card etc.WhatsApp: +19372030970

Best Quality Fake/real IDs,Passports,Marriage certificates,Drivers license etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts