Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked Tag watches but have not owned one for many years. My daily is a steel Daytona, my 3rd, but I've been looking for a larger watch. As a "racer" I've always admired and liked the Tag Carreras and finely broke down and bought one. I bought it sight unseen as this new model was released at Baselworld 2013. I was looking at this and the new Omega Dark Side of the Moon; I still might pickup one of those. Love the look!

On the positive side this watch is beautifully designed. I love the raised and polished minute markers on the dark gray background. I was concerned about the band but really like it; I also get complements on the band specifically. I also like the size, 43mm vs my Daytona. Frankly at my old age I have trouble seeing a black faced Daytona without glasses. I can easily read the Tag. The calibre 36 movement is interesting, it measures each 1/5th of a second when timing and has a nice fly back. The titanium case is very nice and the watch is very light. It will be interested to see how the "black" holds up over time.

On the negative side I was surprised that the start/stop and winder do not screw in to the case. In addition they are very, very easy to turn. I guess I'm just used to the Daytona that screw in and have more resistance when you use them. The resistance gives me a better perception of quality but that's just my old thinking I guess.

Overall, love the watch. Really nice time piece!

tagSM.JPG

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
LOVE IT! Great pickup. Tag Carrera's are some of my favorite watches.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Whats the model of that Tag? I love mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts