Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was about to post that watch...

it is really stunning.... double tourbillon...and the price is 150.000 to 180.000 chf...

so about the same in usd....
It is a standard, single 60 second tourbillon. Very nice watch none the less.

-Steve

·
Registered
369 Posts
i guess you are right....i saw double hairspring and thought double tourbillon by mistake...

by the way what is the difference between double and single tourbillon?
Well a tourbillon spins the rate keeping part (the escapement) around an axis. A double tourbillon will spin the entire first tourbillon around in a different direction. The simplest example would be to imagine the escapement being rotated completely in the horizontal plane, and then rotating that entire thing perpendicular.

That's the usual usage of "double tourbillon". There are also a few watches that have two separate escapements, both rotated and connected with a differential of some sort.

Make sense? I think Greubel Forsey probably has a lot of good data on their website. They are the masters of the multiple tourbillon game.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Well a tourbillon spins the rate keeping part (the escapement) around an axis. A double tourbillon will spin the entire first tourbillon around in a different direction. The simplest example would be to imagine the escapement being rotated completely in the horizontal plane, and then rotating that entire thing perpendicular.

That's the usual usage of "double tourbillon". There are also a few watches that have two separate escapements, both rotated and connected with a differential of some sort.

Make sense? I think Greubel Forsey probably has a lot of good data on their website. They are the masters of the multiple tourbillon game.
Thank you for your response :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts