Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend just picked up a BMW e46 he has wanted since grade school and asked for me to do a quick shoot. Also first time with new camera. You be the judge

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hehe I think just about every photographer has edits like that when they first start dabbling with HDRs. I would suggest editing them again and improving on those so you can have a direct comparison. Editing the same picture(s) multiple times is what helps me get better at editing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
HDR is much too heavy. Also try to find some better locations, those are just too busy. Getting there though!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
the HDR was mentioned already... but this might help you out. You might want to start off with only one car at a time.

1. Keep a good eye on your backgrounds and compositions. Basically, if they have other cars, garbage bins, misc things that don't help. Try frame your photos so you are either not capturing it.. or hiding it behind the car.
2. Composition of your images are very important... that can make or break a photo. Your 1st photo could have been quite good, but if you would have done 1 step to the right, you would have blocked out the pick up truck, if you would have raised your camera a bit, you could have gotten rid of the cars on the top of the frame. It would have been a much cleaner photo. Then if you would have backed up and zoomed in you would have filled the frame with the cars even more. ;)
3. Avoid shooting in mid-day sun. WORSE time to shoot, because of the harsh light (creates really sharp shadows).

Try to keep these things in mind and you will get much better results.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the HDR was mentioned already... but this might help you out. You might want to start off with only one car at a time.

1. Keep a good eye on your backgrounds and compositions. Basically, if they have other cars, garbage bins, misc things that don't help. Try frame your photos so you are either not capturing it.. or hiding it behind the car.
2. Composition of your images are very important... that can make or break a photo. Your 1st photo could have been quite good, but if you would have done 1 step to the right, you would have blocked out the pick up truck, if you would have raised your camera a bit, you could have gotten rid of the cars on the top of the frame. It would have been a much cleaner photo. Then if you would have backed up and zoomed in you would have filled the frame with the cars even more. ;)
3. Avoid shooting in mid-day sun. WORSE time to shoot, because of the harsh light (creates really sharp shadows).

Try to keep these things in mind and you will get much better results.
Thanks, i shot couple of pics in a new location that fixed my earlier mistakes. Will put it up for L4P consideration and feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts