Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently am in the works of a new company that involves both photographers and their clientele, and I need some questions answered (or just opinions).

First off is there a big demand for photos of exotic and luxury automobiles?

Secondly, is there a market for pictures of boats specifaclly yachts?

Third, is it difficult to find new customers and/or market to prospective clients?

Also do some photographers travel to other cities for work or would they be willing too?

And finally is there a lot of professional luxury photographers in the field? (Luxury being for high end products and real estate)

Any answers would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
First off is there a big demand for photos of exotic and luxury automobiles?
Yes, there is. Any object that is desirable will have demands for photography
Secondly, is there a market for pictures of boats specifaclly yachts?
Is probably a lot less market for it than cars but it can be a very nice niche market.
Third, is it difficult to find new customers and/or market to prospective clients?
It depends on who you know.... as most business
Also do some photographers travel to other cities for work or would they be willing too?
Yes, most photographers will travel for an assignment. I have traveled a couple of times for commercial jobs.

And finally is there a lot of professional luxury photographers in the field? (Luxury being for high end products and real estate)
I believe that you will find this field be lacking if you compare it to events and or portrait photographer.
Any answers would be very much appreciated.
I hope I was able to help! Don't forget to check some of my stuff... in the sig...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bludevl80, the information you provided was helpful.

I am starting a company that would be a tool in order to help professional photographers like yourself gain clientele.

By the way great work! Amazing quality and skill.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Thank you! Keep me posted about what you have in mind! I wouldn't mind shooting some big yachts!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Always room at the top! Good luck with your efforts. Clientele is the big variable. Some of the high-end markets and publications are quite difficult to enter without someone on the "inside".

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always room at the top! Good luck with your efforts. Clientele is the big variable. Some of the high-end markets and publications are quite difficult to enter without someone on the "inside".
I am currently developing strategies to increase and gain attention from clientele.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Perhaps slightly off topic, but how do people get a start in professional photography? Do they start with an apprenticeship to build skills, exposure, and a portfolio?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hard work, perseverance, and some luck. There are endless ways to go about becoming a professional photographer. I know professionals with Masters from prestigious schools as well as professionals who have never set foot in a photography class.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Perhaps slightly off topic, but how do people get a start in professional photography? Do they start with an apprenticeship to build skills, exposure, and a portfolio?

define what kind of photography you really want to be doing. Do a lot of reading... but do even more practice. Find out who the pros are in that area that you want to work in. And start to compare your work with theirs... make it your goal to be comparable... all the meantime... look for clients once you feel confident that you can put out good work.

Best of luck!

I visited your flickr and you are a bit all over the place. You have all kinds of photography... which is not bad.. but it is easier if you show a possible client just a portfolio with the kind of images that you want to produce. You are NOT going to show a bride to be a photo of a toy car. Just like you wouldn't show a toy company a picture of a wedding....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! Keep me posted about what you have in mind! I wouldn't mind shooting some big yachts!
I will keep you posted.
Currently we are in the pre-development stages.
So In the future once we are about to go live we will invite photographers with high caliber talent to test drive the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts