Luxury4Play.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

To great surprise Lotus plans to bring back the Lotus Esprit. The new Lotus Esprit was presented at the Paris Motor Show just moments ago at a packed stand where attention was shared between no less than four new sports cars wearing the Lotus badge and one city car concept.

The new Lotus Esprit packs a 5.0 liter V8, good for 620hp and 720Nm of torque. As you’d expect, Lotus have engineered a light frame ensuring the car weighs just 1,450kg.

Read more & see 16 more high-res pictures straight from Paris!

·
Registered
51 Posts
im liking all the new lotus's on show in paris

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was eagerly waiting to see the new Lambos but the new Lotus designs were the most impressive to me. Definitely like the direction there heading.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
it's interesting to see these reactions...
Most of the lotus forums I belong to, the reception is quite 'cold' to the new designs...

I'm sure the cars are pretty in real life - not sure that the designs will hold up 20 yrs from now - but maybe that not the goal. THey seem heavy for Lotus, but probably can pass a crash test now ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
it's interesting to see these reactions...
Most of the lotus forums I belong to, the reception is quite 'cold' to the new designs...

i hate to say it but im one of those that are quite cold to the new designs. they all look pretty much the same. im all about them trying to take the brand to a new level but at the same time i wish they would stick to the idea of lightness for racing. just my .02 for what its worth. i love the design and performance of my current elise and i dont think i would buy one of the new ones when they do come out. let the bashing begin. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts