Luxury4Play.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Hope this isn't the way Panerai is going these days. Higher production and lower price points. While I'd love to get into a Panerai for cheaper...I think lowering the price will cheapen the brand, thus detracting from the desire.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm not digging it and I agree that 1500 isn't very much of an LE. But hey, if there's a market for it and they'll make money, that's what they're in business to do.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Not really diggin it. Looks like a Chinese knock off. with that character.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I actually like it too. If you truly understand what that character means you'll also agree with its universal appeal. To me...it'd been more tacky if they had put a big "8" in bright red instead.

This piece will sell very well in China and that's all Panerai cares about, obviously we're not the intended target market for this watch. Panerai is simply testing the waters with this piece, and in my opinion, it's a quite clever PR strategy of trying to tap into the vast and profitable high end luxury watch market in China which is already being dominated by the usual big names: AP, Patek, Lang, Rolex...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I actually like it too. If you truly understand what that character means you'll also agree with its universal appeal. To me...it'd been more tacky if they had put a big "8" in bright red instead.

This piece will sell very well in China and that's all Panerai cares about, obviously we're not the intended target market for this watch. Panerai is simply testing the waters with this piece, and in my opinion, it's a quite clever PR strategy of trying to tap into the vast and profitable high end luxury watch market in China which is already being dominated by the usual big names: AP, Patek, Lang, Rolex...
I agree, very smart move to get things kickin

·
Registered
333 Posts
the character makes the dial look "confused", like it's half-a$$edly trying to get some sort of point across but failing miserably....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Not something I'd buy, but they will certainly be purchased in China. Anyone familiar PAM's presence in the Chinese market? Strong? Weak?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts